The Blues this weekend

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:19 am

Barring any weather issues, the Blues are scheduled to fly their Pensacola Beach show day after tomorrow. I am assuming it starts at 11:30 like every other show. If you go to the Beach TV Thread or just google Beach TV, click on the live webcams of Pensacola/Mobile and then click Crab's on Pensacola Beach. You will be able to view some of the show. LIVE!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am

We have avoided going to the Blue's show in past due to crowds, traffic, parking (but did manage one year to go to Crab's for Sunday brunch and it was a year that the show had been cancelled on Saturday - and the Blue's flew on Sunday while we were there - the other civilian flying had gone home).
Anyway, this year found out that the new P'cola Bay Ferry/Shuttle is selling seats from Palafox Warf to Quiet Water and return with "guaranteed" seats at the various times. 135 seats per sailing. Got tickets to the beach for 11AM and return to downtown at 5PM (4PM return was already sold out last Sunday).
Seems this might work well - easier traffic and parking to downtown - get a cruise on the bay, and be on the beach for the show while avoiding the beach traffic and parking! (and it is my birthday!)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Will cheers Pete! That sounds like a blast. I am jealous I wish I could be on it. And happy 42nd birthday.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm
And happy 42nd birthday.
I wish! At this point I'd welcome 52nd, or even 62nd!
Anyway, will see what happens today with the ferry, rain, wind, and Blue Angels.
They did report that all the civilian aircraft will not fly, went home?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am

Blues did fly yesterday. A very abbreviated version of the "low" show. Maybe 5-6 passes - total about 20-minutes. Also, to my eye and commented by another observer, they gave themselves a little more space between planes. Quite windy out of the south. 6+ foot surf.
Ferry over and back worked well. Very nice service - about 50 minutes each way.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:58 am

Glad you got to enjoy it Pete. Again, Happy Birthday.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”