Windjammers Update 1/12/18

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Stopped by this morning and was told the bar would be open today at 11am. When we drove past around 1:30pm, there were people at the bar.

Restaurant should open at the end of the month.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 am

Good to hear - but, not going to a beach bar when the temp is below freezing - as is now. :shock: :( And probably not until near 70! :wink:
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 am

:lol:

Yeah, today's weather does not really go with the beach bar "feeling." It was decidedly chilly taking the pups out for their early morning - thankfully brief - potty walk. That wind is wicked! :shock:

Have a great day, Pete, and stay warm!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 am

And the summer crowd always asked us "Why do you guys have fireplaces in Florida???" LOL

Although it's been a few years since we lived there, we did notice that it usually only lasts for a few days in that part of the world ... while the rest of the population in the "frozen north" experiences it for weeks on end! Maybe at least it'll decrease the pesky little stinging fly population??? :? :? (Looking for silver linings!!)

I know it's tempting to go out and make Sand Angels ... but grab a cuppa hot tea instead and stay warm! 8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 am

What are those flies. Only notice them right before a storm. They really do hurt
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm

redchaz57 wrote:What are those flies. Only notice them right before a storm. They really do hurt
So here is a page from the University of Florida with the various types of biting flies: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig081
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 am

Apparently as of today its open (11am).

http://www.navarrenewspaper.com/windjammers-opens-11am/
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 am

Finally wife and I went to Windjammer's for lunch yesterday. Was a good experience. Have heard that reviews on other social media have been mixed.

Was very uncrowded - which we like. Food was quite good. Restroom (men's) was a huge improvement!!! Most of the new tables/chairs on the deck were covered by patio umbrella's. And, at least yesterday noon, a nice sea breeze so was not uncomfortable even w/o a/c. Lots of other improvements to the structure.
(Did note one family that came, sat down, and left w/o ordering. Not sure why but overheard one comment about no air conditioned area? Or, maybe slow taking orders, or didn't like menu/prices?)
Prices are right up there with Sailor's Grill and Broussard's. Our service was good, though not "perfect". Also "Chef Johnnie" came around and chatted as I guess was not swamped in the kitchen. All in all - we will be back and try an evening.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm

We wish them the best! Hope it's a very successful venture ...

Check out their website: http://www.windjammersonthepier.com/
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”