Helen Back to close?

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:15 am

We never really went much to Helen Back Again in Navarre.

When it had a restaurant it was at one point in time decent, but for the last five years or so was only so-so, had slow service, and frankly was also rather overpriced all of which turned us off it.

I know plenty of long-time locals have good memories of these locations, but they are now long since ancient memories. It can only be a matter of time (days?) before they close.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/201710 ... at-3-sites
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Trader

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 pm

I checked the reviews before we arrived. Decided to try it. It had to be a miracle that they were open as long as they were. The service in that place SUCKED according to many of their customers. No need sitting around forever and getting po'd waiting to place your order and waiting even longer for the food.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

Yea, we were not big fans - though did like a couple of the restaurants that tried to make a go in the other end of the building.

Helen Back Again was very popular when first opened as there were few other restaurants after the Hurricanes - but always was way noisy, and - as mentioned - fairly mediocre service and average food.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 am

I went there once and almost walked out. Yes, very surprised it lasted that long. Their oysters on the half shell were sitting in the sink with no ice. We declined them.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”