Tropical system just south of Galveston

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:13 pm

So they are saying that Houston/Galveston will be the epicenter of the tropical system in the Gulf. We shall see. You never know until you actually see it because they are wrong far more than they are right. I think they just upped it to a Tropical Storm Watch. If it does occur it is suppose to come up on the west side of Houston. We are parched but probably don't need 1.5-2 feet of rain.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Hope it doesn't inundate the Houston area --- we could use the moisture up here in NE TX, though!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 am

Rain all around us and has been since yesterday and barely a drop has fallen. My house has been in the "eye" for the entire time.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:11 am

Any of the Houston underpasses flooding? Downtown? Will see how it shakes out in SE TX.
Could use some here - hasn't rained in 3+weeks, and this 100-degrees temps for a couple of weeks in Navarre - in September - is a killer.
Pensacola airport is breaking record high temps on a regular basis. Should be cooler (90 highs?) in the next day or two - Thurs on?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 am

No Pete....If you look at the weather channel or weatherbug you will see this is predominantly east Texas and the Galveston area. We desperately need rain on the west side of town and no such luck, not even with a Tropical Storm. Can you believe it. I can and it is because of the immense amount of concrete, glass and steel that we have. It does not rain like it used to back in the day. Near Hobby Airport is flooding and I was supposed to be taking a flight to Charlotte at noon but cancelled yesterday thinking I might not be able to get out of the neighborhood, much less get to the airport. Turns out I was right about that one.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am

Just got a ding on my phone from SWA. My flight that I was to take has been cancelled.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Looked threatening here all day ... I drove through one short deluge just south of downtown Tyler that lasted about a block!! Rest of the time, it just sprinkled off and on until late this afternoon. Bright and sunny here now!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 am

Yea, radar this morning looks like all the rain is east of Houston.
Another 100-degree day here yesterday - but maybe only 90-ish today - I hope!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”