SpringHill Suites coming to Navarre Beach

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I saw that Santa Rosa News is reporting that a 17 story hotel is being planned for the property next to The Carribian Resort. They are saying that it may be a Hilton and that certain paperwork was being applied for to start the process. Anyone have any information to corroborate this?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:00 am

Have not heard this SouthernBreeze but I darn sure am not a fan. Navarre beach does not need a second hotel on the beach and certainly not another monster stretching to the sky.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:29 am

Its the property where they imploded the old Beach Condominiums building. The footprint for that property seems small for a project of that size. There is still (or was as of last month) a small piece of the old Barracudas sign in the front. Now all is needed is for that 21 acres across from the current hotel construction site to be purchased and developed into a sound side resort complex.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 am

That is how Destin got started and we all see how that turned out. Secondly, wish I had my hands on that Barracuda's sign. I remember it well. Gave them a lot of money.

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”