the Pier Cafe

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:57 am

Lagerheads is back. Its the name of the restaurant again as of today.
David
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:39 am

A little catch up for every one:

As I mentioned earlier, the dude from TC's is GONE and the remaining partners are now in total charges so this will be the last time that I will beat that, now, dead horse.

Was at the pier all day Friday with Miss Pat tying rods and rigs for the annual Kid's Day, and through lunch on Saturday helping the kids. The new pier staff are shared sponsors and did a outstanding job especialy it being their first year. The kids had a good time and took a new rod and a t-shirt home as they reluctantly left for home.

There is a noticeable difference in atmosphere and attitude with the disruptive partner now gone from the operation. They were real smart and are starting with a simple and short menu with a great burger that the pier was famous for previously. Saturday they added a slow cooked (smoked) pork sandwich.
Both days I noticed good numbers eating and they were doing a lot of to go orders. Instead of the $8+ burgers of last week, theirs were a more reasonable $5. Bar and eats are now from one management so ordering and paying will be much easier.

The greatest news is that Miss Pat tells me that, with the change, she may be returning to do breakfast on a limited basis. Can not wait for her sausage gravy and home made bisquets! :P :P The pier atmosphere that she brings with her food and knowledge of pier fishing are a super asset for us all.

Oh, I should mention, for us aging walkers and fishers, there are, now, a good number of benches for us to rest on so those that quit walking because of the lack of, please come back.

I'm sure, now with the ability of getting on the right track and lack of interference from a certain commissioner voted out and his pal or pals that gave previous and existing management a undeserved hard time, that we all, residents and visitors alike, wish the restaurant, bar, shop and it's management the greatest of success. Let us fish, walk, and enjoy the greatest pier on the Gulf Coast.
Last edited by David on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
David
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:05 am

David, thanks for this important and very positive update!

8)
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:31 am

Yes indeed. Thanks for the report.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
rexy

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:04 am

Something needed to be done, sounds like it has, great thanks, Momma can now take her book and sit, will be back next week.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:08 am

Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Sandstomper

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:15 am

Amen David, thanks for the update. Navarre has many great places to hang out for eats and drink, but the Pier Bar (I'll probably always call it by that name) has THE most spectacular views to soak in while enjoying a burger and a cold one!

Can't wait to get back down!
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:49 am

Wonder why that man was so disruptive? Is he the guy that owned or owns, TC's? If so, by the treatment I have received in the past from his daughter (of which I have mentioned a few times), I can see where the apple does not fall far from the tree. If this is the case, there is obviously something amiss with that family. Perhaps though I may be mixing people up???

Maybe because I not only know Navarre so well but living outside of Navarre I have a different perspective than many of those that do live there but as most of the readers of this Forum can attest, how could anyone that lives and works in Navarre, Florida, not wake up in the morning and just give thanks to God above for the blessing of living and having a sustaining job there? I understand how if one lives in dream locale and sees it every day that one "could" take it for granted. If they do and possibly this gentleman does, shame on them. I know a few dozen people who would give a limb to live and work there.

I guess in a nutshell, how anyone could be sour or have a sour attitude living and working in Navarre/Navarre Beach, Florida is just beyond my understanding.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great report. Glad to hear that things have improved!

CrazyB

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Woohoooooo Sounds like it's finally going to be a place of enjoyment again, and YES Thank God for the return of the benches!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we could only convince them to serve those awesome frozen daiquiri's again!!!! Dreamy sigh!! We all missed those very much this vacation. Nice to walk the pier and back, grab a table and relax with daiquiri in hand, listening to the waves.

On a separate note,
I wholeheartedly agree with PK's statement of "I guess in a nutshell, how anyone could be sour or have a sour attitude living and working in Navarre/Navarre Beach, Florida is just beyond my understanding"

Thank you David for such an informative uplifting update!
Kimberly Navarre
Jeremiah 29:11 ~~~For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.~~~
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 am

Yes, good to hear. They did have good burgers, didn't they!!! :)
Razorback

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 am

Wonderful news! Just in time for our annual November trip. Nothing better than early morning walk with friends then gather at the pier for Ms. Pat's great breakfast. And Kid you are spot on about Navarre Beach. What a blessing from God.
Love Navarre Beach
flamingoqueen

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 am

Hello, David! Thank you for sharing and keeping us in the loop as to what is happening at The Pier. Only 3 weeks away from our 'November on Navarre Beach', we are thrilled with the possibility of Mrs. Pat's breakfasts! Nothing better, as hubby 'Razorback' stated, than walking with our friends, and coming back to the pier for great food by Mrs. Pat and visiting you and the other problem solvers. What was the name given to the group last fall? Can't believe I've forgotten that! Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of our NB family soon! I'm hoping the nachos are still on the menu!
"Nothing is worth more than THIS day"
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:33 am

Many have expressed how much they miss the mornings enjoying Miss Pat, her great breakfasts, AND meeting new friends at the pier. Do not know how many problems we solved but we did recognise them, definitely a good thing.

As a definite schedule is known, I will post for everyone.

I think some changes need to be made, or re-done, to allow indoor use for fall and winter and so Pat can interact with her guests as before. Just have to see how things turn out, uh? Might help if we all let new management know how important we feel it to be for their and Pat's success!
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 am

David,

Would you be in a position to gather and share the management names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc., in order for the masses to express their desires?

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”