If you are considering LuLu's in Gulf Shores....reconsider

Information and discussion about Pensacola Beach.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am

On Friday, June 22nd, my family en route to Navarre via Pensacola that night, stopped off in Gulf Shores to have lunch at LuLu's. LuLu's is a restaurant/bar that is owned by Jimmy Buffett's sister. A word to the wise, it was not what I expected. For some reason, I was expecting something similar to FloraBama, which is right down the road. Instead, what we discovered is a tourist trap that is more interested in selling merchandise than anything else. In fact, you have to go past the store both going in and coming out and the lines were coming out of the doorless store both times.

Food was mediocre at best, service was good and the view ok....it sits on a channel.

This place is very similar to Margaritaville on Pensacola Beach in that, the name is what sells the place. Waaay overpriced and again, the main thing they are interested in....selling you touristy crap.

BTW....the song Bama Breeze, from what I have heard, is in reference to FloraBama Bar...Home of the World Famous, Mullet Toss!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:01 pm

You might have been much happier had they sung your favorite song "Yea Alabama".
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 am

Now that's funny, Kenny! I am sure it has been sung there quite a few times.

Return to “Pensacola Beach ”