Zoo Lights

Information and discussion about the ZOO and the Lighthouse Private Christian Academy inside the Zoo
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:29 pm

Published - November, 27, 2006
Pensacola News Journal

Brighten your holidays with Zoo Lights

Chrissy Littledale
clittledale@pnj.com
Lights. Camels. Action.

Zoo Lights is back, lighting up the night at The Zoo Northwest Florida near Gulf Breeze.

The event, which is held throughout December, invites the public to visit the zoo at night, which has been decorated with nearly 100 light displays containing more than one million lights.

"It is awesome, even when all the animals aren't out," said Michelle Labryer, the visitor services coordinator for the zoo. "It's great to get out for a leisurely walk in the cool night air."

But not all the animals will be sleeping.

The petting zoo is open for visitors to feed their favorite farm animals. The bat house is open and the train ride is open to provide a spotlight tour of the wildlife sanctuary.

Beth Pollard said she came out to enjoy some family time with her 3-year-old son, Christian.

"It's terrific, and you can't beat (the price)," Pollard said about the $5 admission. "Anyone can enjoy it."

Christian was all smiles as he talked with his mother about feeding the cows and goats, and discussing their favorite lights.

"I see Patrick and SpongeBob," Christian said, pointing at a light display of the cartoon characters. "I liked that movie."

By the night's end, Pollard and Christian had fed the animals, ridden the train and taken a walking tour of the lights. Pollard said just one thing could have made the night more enjoyable.

"I wish it were a little bit colder," she said. "It makes it feel more (like Christma)."

You can click on the images below to enlarge for printing.

Map
Zoo friends annual membership
Zoo Annual corporate membership
For more information about The Zoo of Northwest Florida go to http://www.thezoonorthwestflorida.org
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Gulf Breeze Zoo”