Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain

Enjoy vigorous discussions about the latest issues with military. Thick skin may be required.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 am

Last edited by Kenny Wilder on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
David
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Kenny,

Your post went AWOL! ??????????
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Here ya go, David and all

It appears our military wants a military President! Can you imagine the dissention if Obama gets into office. Also, even in the military there is tremendous ignorance amongst some....guess it is a black and white issue as well with some!

Army Times Poll on Presidential Race

To All,

In case you missed this week's issue of the Army Times here are theresults of the Army Times' poll of Military personnel re: the election (in percent):

McCain Obama

Overall 68 23

Army 68 23

Navy 69 24

Air Force 67 24

Marines 75 18

Retirees 72 20

White Non-Hispanic 76 17

Hispanic 63 27

Black/African-American 12 79

Enlisted 67 24

Officers 70 22

Somehow I missed seeing this in the New York Times.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:08 pm

David,

If one listens only to the MSNBC or CNN or NBC, CBS or ABC or even PBS polls, you will get tainted information. They want the American public to see and hear their polls to give them a psychological advantage. There thinking is, if people here this garbage long enough then they may say, "what the heck, my vote won't count for anything anyway!"

That is absolute BS! Listen and watch the polls of those who are still relatively neutral.....Yahoo, Military (such as this), Fox News (yes, they still have Democrats on every single night......those above do not.)

The conservative movement is VERY MUCH in this race and there will be some big surprises two weeks from now!
David
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 pm

TPB,

I believe that most on this forum know that I have posted enough links to know how to click one.

But just so you know, I clicked it 3 times, only to get the site where it showed the article as AWOL, their words, not mine. Maybe had some editing to do, who knows?

I wrote the above and with some added comment that I deleted before you posted your last so if you read my sandbox comment, I apologize.

You, finally realize what I have. We do not know this man nor his true colors. He side steps questions beautifully, sign of a trained attorney, and only occcasionally, as he did with Joe, the plumer, do his true thoughts show. His treatment of Joe is appauling for just asking a queston especially when the approach was Obama's and not Joe's. The problem was in his answer, not in the question.

You are right about the ACORN connections, worrisome to say the least and he still fails to be honest about the grants from the Ayer's CAC foundation and from the Woods Foundation to ACORN while he chaired the CAC with Ayers still leading the board and the board of Woods with Obama on that board as well.

Glad to see the military poll. Knew it but good to see it with the #s.

Other things begin to surface such as the out of country contributions to his political purse. They need to show all Sept. contributions and who from by Tuesday. Could this be why his wife and followers are pushing for early voting?????? Also, just reported, the limits have been way over run without refund to the contributors, a breaking of federal law.
Last edited by David on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 pm

TPB,

And I plead guilty!! I am a dumb*** when it comes to computer stuff! I am a visual learner in many things and if I am not shown, sometimes I do not always get it. I guess you could say I am challenged in that area.

Also and more importantly, I believe you have made a wise decision. There is no question that the Republicans in office have been a huge portion of this overall problem. Bush spent and spent and spent and has greatly disappointed millions of us right leaning people. Our entire Washington government should be wiped clean in my opinion and the vast majority of the 535 people there should not be trusted.....yet we just gave the very same people who blew the finances of this country to begin with, another almost 1 trillion of our money. Wonder what they will do with it!!!!!

However, as bad as it is right now, with Obama at the helm, he could and most likely will, turn this country on it's head and could, put us in jeopardy from abroad and implode us from within. He does not have America and American's best interests in mind. Glad you have made the correct decision!
blackbird

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:21 pm

TPB????
:shock:

Kid,
whoever the President is, the Military community will salute sharply and carry out the orders of the Office of the President to the best of their abilities.
Right out of the "The Company line" book. :wink:
There will be no dissention only early retirements.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:14 am

Yeah, Blackbird....I caught the wink! I just distinctly remember Clinton's eight years and plainly seeing the disgust in their eyes when they had to be around or come into contact with him. How military personnel can stand being around an "anti-military" leader....well, it takes a special person, which is why our military personnel are the very best on the planet!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 am

TPB - I commend you for your logical thinking. Some people feel that if they are democrat and have always voted along those lines, that they can never change their minds. Not so! To be a wise voter, one must select the right person, no matter what their political views have been. My 91 year old Mom has voted democatic all her life, but she is voting for McCain this year.

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 am

Besides, McCain's postitions are more like the Democrats of 30-years ago than those of conservatives.
Many Republicians are no longer conservative - sadly - and he is one.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:07 am

Thank you MarinesforFreedom! We do appreciate you and your buddies more than you know! I also wholeheartedly agree with your last two sentences. I don't buy it for a minute. Just more propaganda!

Return to “Military Hot Topics & Current Events”