Navarre Chop House

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 27, 2014 8:19 am

I will be very interested to see what transpires with the, "new" Navarre Chop House. Kind of wish it had been located in a different area. I know with some buildings, especially ones that house and have housed restaurants, the new concept may be appealing but often times because of the the building it is housed in...e.g., Stinky's, the new concepts many times flounder and fail. We had just such a situation where I live that housed a handful of concepts. Some were good, some had great hopes but because everything that was previously started there, new concepts did not take hold, I guess because of the history of the place. Liolio's, The Fish House, The Palm, Cocodries, The Beach Monkey, Rocco's, all started in the same building. The one close to my house finally has stood the test of time but it took a national chain restaurant to move into the building....Schlotzsky's.

I hope this makes it and I hope it is a very long success. Navarre to my knowledge does not have a very nice restaurant in the mold of a Chop House (that is, if the Chop House is what I think it is) Wondering though, is it the same people who owned/managed, Stinky's? If so, they are going to need a lot of changes. When I was there two weeks ago, I looked into that room and it was completely bare. So I take it that in 10 days time they have a full restaurant up and ready to go?
wregle
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 am

Has anyone been to the Chop House yet? Looking for a review. Here in Navarre now so may try it. Went to Destin tonight and on the way saw that Staffs in Fort Walton is closed and for sale. Can't say I am surprised but still makes me very sad. We have had many wonderful meals there over many years.
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:29 am

Sad news about Staff's! They have a very interesting history ...
http://www.staffrestaurant.com/
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Wrestle....please tell me that is a joke. Oh my gosh....this was one of the very last ties to the area and my parents going back to 1970. I have eaten there so many times and have so many memories. What a terribly sad day. I suppose maybe the economy or the family's generations just had enough. Oh my gosh, sounds wimpy but that makes me terribly sad. Any further news, I would greatly appreciate.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:42 am

Re: Staffs - Though I don't have source at hand - the word was that the sisters(?) running the place were getting older and it was too much work. Younger generation was not interested? Though there was a rumor that reopening by some was still a possibility?
Last edited by Pete on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:14 am

Just wondering if anyone of late has patronized the new Navarre Chop House or heard any reviews. I have not seen anything of it since it opened. Any insight anyone?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:49 am

Does anyone know the status on the Navarre Chop House? Still open? Any good? I don't recall seeing it while there in June. Perhaps I was just not looking hard enough.
HiTide

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:39 am

closed up, as in out of bidness
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:58 pm

That does not surprise me. Hate to see businesses go out of business. I know I might get some heat for this but realistically, as Navarre stands today and I hope it does not change, the demographics do not support that type of restaurant in that small of a community. Pensacola, yes. Destin, yes.

We have discussed this before, but too many people don't do their homework before opening up some type of drinkery or eatery. A national chain such as Culver's will do their homework and Navarre was a good fit. A small, well run restaurant, with an original theme for the area, like say, Cactus Flower, those seem to work pretty well. In this market, in the financial times we are in in 2015 and in a community the size of Navarre, a Chop House does not stand a chance.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”