Delivery question

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
buzz1106

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 am

Hi! Our family of five will be visiting Navarre Beach for the first time next week and I'm so glad I found this forum - so much great information! I was wondering if any of the local restaurants offer delivery service to the island? We'll be staying at the Gulf Island Condominiums. Thanks!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:47 am

buzz1106 wrote:Hi! Our family of five will be visiting Navarre Beach for the first time next week and I'm so glad I found this forum - so much great information! I was wondering if any of the local restaurants offer delivery service to the island? We'll be staying at the Gulf Island Condominiums. Thanks!
After a hard day doing nothing (don't think I have had one of those at Navarre - always had stuff to do), and anyway I personally can't take more than a few hours of 'nothing', it's just a "me" thing, the last thing you want to do is fire up the oven or anything like that, so I fully understand the desire to have someone deliver.

We did pick up/to-go from Rocco's a few months back but I don't know about delivery!

For my crew at least the journey over the bridge or along the beach road to P'cola is a part of the fun of being there... Just don't use the bridge when it is really busy (weekend afternoons can be the worst, but we tend not to be there in the peak season, so it's less of a problem for us).

If you want chain restaurant food, the Navarre Taco Bell (and some people do want it), you will be out of luck, as a fire last week put the building out of use for a while. IMO, there are better and locally owned "real food" options there anyway.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:26 am

Buzz.....PLEASE DO NOT EAT TACO BELL WHILE DOWN NAVARRE WAY....EVEN IF IT IS BACK OPEN. You can eat taco bell, kentucky fried, mickeyD's, burger king and all that crapola when you get back home.

There are a number of delivery businesses but they for the most part fall under the Pizza category. Don't do that either!! Pizza Schmizza...eat pizza at home.

Eat locally caught seafood and BBQ! There are a number of places in very close proximity.

Better yet...stock up on both and eat at the house. It is better anyway.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Granted, home-made is great but if you don't know your way around the area yet and you're simply needing to minimize shopping and prep time, etc., the Publix deli-prepared foods are very nice for quick and delicious meals. Also, their bakery breads are quite good! I wouldn't want a steady diet of this fare, but fine for beach days so you can have plenty of fun time left over!
:)
A.G.
PS Some Publix stores also have begun offering delivery services.
http://www.publix.com/
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”