RESTAURANT RULES WHEN POSTING MESSAGES

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:45 pm

FROM THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

RESTAURANT RULES WHEN POSTING MESSAGES ON THIS FORUM

When you folks post info about restaurants on this forum that is the good, the bad and the ugly please…please…please be absolutely certain about your facts. The Navarre Beach Greater Area is suffering like other American communities with a very poor Obama economy. We have already had about 8 local restaurants to close in the last 2 years.

If you have a bad experience regarding a local restaurant regarding service, food quality or think that you ate something that made you sick, I ask that you do the following:

1. Before you post a message on this Forum Contact the owner or manager by phone (not by email or private message) and explain your experience. The owner or manager will appreciate your calling them.

2. Once you have contacted the owner or manager by phone about their service or food quality, you may at that time post a message stating that you called the owner or manager, and state the resolution.

3. Once you have contacted the owner or manager by phone that you may have gotten sick eating food at their restaurant, you need to check out your symptoms to be absolutely certain that if was not a stomach virus, or other sickness instead of contaminated food sickness. If after 72 hours you are certain that the food you consumed at the restaurant caused you to be sick, you might consider posting a message on this Forum stating the above conditions and your contact(s) with the owner or manager. Your facts better be accurate!

If you post a message about a restaurant that is not accurate, you could cause the restaurant to have to close their business, and you could cause me to be liable as the owner of the NavarreBeachLife.com website. I am not interested in seeing another restaurant close their business in our area, and I’m certainly not interested in my website being used as a vehicle to cause this to happen. I have observed some issues in past years on this Forum that I did not think was fair to our local restaurants.

Kenny Wilder
Forum Administrator
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 am

Very good, Kenny. I was thinking the same thing.
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Summer before last during our horrible trip to Johnny Houston's. I actually called the manager and then was called back by the manager. I expressed my displeasure with being charged a pizza, then the pizza never arrived until literally the very minute we were given the bill. We were about to leave and one of our party was not able to eat. I asked that, that portion of the bill be comped because of the inconvenience. The idiot manager at the time said she could not do that as it would cause a stink with her manager (are you kidding me) and I said I believe he would be more concerned about losing a customer than losing $15 dollars. No go!
The Manager called me when I got back to Houston and said he would send me a free gift card for my next visit. No gift card arrived. I do not like, nor care for people who say they are going to do something and do not follow through. I probably will not go back to Johnny Huston's because of that, though the food was quite good.

As for my gripes about TC's......unfortunately, the young lady with the nasty attitude and tatoo's on her neck who drove me off, is apparently the owner's daughter. I doubt if I spoke with him I would get very far. I have been screwed twice there and they do not get a third. Not too mention the fact that I have either heard, witnessed or read other negative reports of TC's and particularly the Grouper Rueben for which they became famous. That is a shame. TC's will not get another dollar from me.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Might I add...I have had lovely experiences with Alphy's, East River Smokehouse, The Shrimp Basket, The Waffle House, Juana's, Sailor's Grill, East Bay Crab House, The Cactus Flower and even the Mickey D's, which for a McDonald's is beautiful inside, wonderfully nice people and an overall good experience.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”