Beach Monkey Review

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
BeachTeach

Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:02 pm

My husband, or I for that matter, are not "Golfers" so really couldn't give any feedback from the "golf" side of there operations, but the last experience dining there we will more than likely be our last. I ordered a fish dish (I believe it was labeled as Mahi) which was nothing more than a microwaved piece of frozen fish. It was warm on the outside, yet ice cold on the inside. The waitress did take it back and had it heated (re-microwaved I suppose) and it came out a soggy mess. The worst part was that we waited for what seemed to be forever to get our dinners, yet, there couldn't have been any more than maybe 3 or small tables. If my memory serves me well, it was quite expensive as well. In all honestly, we have only dined there on a few occassions (one being a Sunday Brunch), but all have been substandard in terms of the quality.

Can anybody share the rumors, or the ongoings regarding the owner of TC's? I read in the forum that he no longer is managing the pier, but is he still managing TC's? I also understand, and excuse me for being late as we have been gone for a period of time, that Reggies Pizza has closed. Any reasons as to why? They had what I thought was an excellent wine selection. Better than anybody in the local area by all means!!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 am

BeachTeach wrote:Can anybody share the rumors, or the ongoings regarding the owner of TC's? I read in the forum that he no longer is managing the pier, but is he still managing TC's? I also understand, and excuse me for being late as we have been gone for a period of time, that Reggies Pizza has closed. Any reasons as to why? They had what I thought was an excellent wine selection. Better than anybody in the local area by all means!!
As far as I know, Bob B. still owns/runs TC's.
As for Reggie's - thought they were quite good - however I'm guessing not enough business? I think the location hurts there. Not in the "heart" of Navarre (though Sals seems to hang in there even further west?).
Also, I'm guessing there is only so much demand for "Pizza/Italian"? With Rocco's being also same, then there is Vinny-R's, and NYPD, and Helenback, and the aforementioned Sal's, etc. Need to be something "different" to justify driving "out of the way" or past the other places to get to the Reggie's location?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
BeachTeach

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:34 am

The original Italian at that location (Guigliano's (SP?)) was quite good in the earlier days, prior to Pete's "accident". I agree with your comment on having a tad too many Italian type establishments. A good quality steakhouse in the area would be fantastic. We have tried the Chop House on occassions, but is "hit and miss" it seems.

We miss Cowboy's and Vic's... :(
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Actually, the original restaurant at that location was Pizanos Deli & Restaurante, even before Guglielmo's. With Cio Bellia and Reggie's - that make 4 restaurants at that location in the last 6-years.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:56 am

BeachTeach wrote:...

We miss Cowboy's and Vic's... :(
Us, too ~ we were very disappointed when Cowboy's didn't rebuild after Ivan but having been in the food business for a short (3-year) but eventful (and exhausting) stint, find it understandable. :shock: :?
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
BeachTeach

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:14 pm

:(
Last edited by BeachTeach on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeachTeach

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Just asking...since the water department (and the crooked board that mandates such) thinks that they want the restaurant at Hidden Creek to be that they want people to think that this is "the place to go", will they block growth in Navarre for new establishments? We visited Hidden Creek Friday evening (againsted our better judgement) simply because of a coupon we recieved with our water statement, but my gosh, the talk between locals at the bar was so negative about sharing bad meal experiences that we never ordered dinner. We were faced with the "Manager" which was a very young person, who basically indicateded that all the "members of the club" just complain and no longer are welcome. It made us uncomfortatable to the point of just leaving. It is probably the most expensive place to eat locally, compared to others, so why chance it????? so back to my original concern, can the waterboard block other establishments from entering the area?

and just FYIll
We went to Rocco's....and had another great experience.....no drama...no chatter......what the heck?

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”