New hotel lunch and lunch menus.

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:35 pm

After yesterday's issues at Juana's Sailor's Grill, we had lunch at the new hotel's "Beach House bar and grill". Initial impression is good, a bit upmarket compared to everywhere else in the area, but then what else would you expect? Nice and new of course.

Food was ordered and apart from being out of one soft drink we wanted, everything else was in stock.

Oh yes. Lunch and children's menus attached as I have not seen them posted anywhere else yet...

So after a 20 minute wait and watching Wimbledon Tennis on the large screen TV's, the food arrived.

Well presented I must say. Food verdict is that it's at the upper end of the mass catering scale. For example, fries with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on, decent enough burger and sandwiches. It's not your $5 burger joint, but that is only as advertised. I would say it's the best done and presented "US.Foods" (that is the way the logo spells it on the delivery truck that was unloading outside) catering supplies around but not "5 stars" by a long way. It seem the ice tea is delicious too (according to my wife). The staff were friendly and attentive as they should be, with the right balance of time spent with us and away from us.

As for price, above Juana's by a small amount per dish or so (perhaps $1 to $2 per item), but probably worth it. We had two beers, Ice tea, two fish burgers and fries. $42. If you think that two Entrees and drinks were slightly over $40, it's not unreasonable for a decent place. We could actually have gone cheaper as the regular burger is less than the fish burger, and we had two beers as well. Overall, not going to break our bank account.

To be more equal to lunch at Juana's, you'd have to subtract perhaps $7 or $8 for the beers and you can see that maybe $35 for two reasonable enough lunches (served without the one hour delay and all the tableware present and correct) is a good deal, compared to the old incumbent.

Certainly Juana's has a new and high standard to meet with the hotel on stream now. Can't wait for them to start a breakfast service. If we can get done for $13 each ($26 for coffee, tea and two entrees), it'll equal Juana's for price. They only have to be a little bit better for food quality and the Pagoda's will be in our rear view mirror for good.
Attachments
20170707_134135.jpg
20170707_134135.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 3320 times
20170707_134112.jpg
20170707_134112.jpg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 3320 times
20170707_134105.jpg
20170707_134105.jpg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 3320 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Thank you for the great information. Years ago Sailor's Grill had a fantastic bakery with a variety of delicious pies, and a great selection of wonderful bakery items. I still enjoy eating there but miss that awesome bakery.

bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 pm

lvthebch wrote:Thank you for the great information. Years ago Sailor's Grill had a fantastic bakery with a variety of delicious pies, and a great selection of wonderful bakery items.
Glad the info helped. Yes they used to be a lot better than today. Now its just trucked over from the mainland.
lvthebch wrote:I still enjoy eating there but miss that awesome bakery.
I do not enjoy eating there. It was good five years or so back, but not now. Too many bad experiences.

The high quality baked goods will never return.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:27 am

Haven't heard much about the new "Beachhouse Bar and Grill" (nor gone myself).
May be tooo early to form opinions BUT - a friend went for lunch with another lady and between them had a Shrimp Salad and a burger. Were not impressed - stated about five shrimp total on salad and burger was "not well prepared/presented". Didn't think worth the prices.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
ATLhoosier

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:32 pm

They're getting brutalized over at TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... orida.html

I would guess their steady stream of hotel guests will keep them in business, even if quality is subpar and prices are bloated. Maybe one winter without full capacity will change their tune. I doubt the locals give this place much support.
The best things in life aren't things.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:17 pm

ATLhoosier wrote:They're getting brutalized over at TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... orida.html

I would guess their steady stream of hotel guests will keep them in business, even if quality is subpar and prices are bloated. Maybe one winter without full capacity will change their tune. I doubt the locals give this place much support.
The prices are high, but its a hotel venue, so what else can you expect?

As for quality, remember that Taco Bell had lines twice round the building when it reopened after the fire of last year. Hows about THAT for me being upmarket (as per another thread). By the way, this evening I ate KFC. Talk about downmarket...

Again, as you say, most locals simply do NOT drive over the causeway when they cannot launch a boat or spend a day on the beach. I'm going to walk into the hotel in November and compare the numbers of people there and also in the restaurant with how it was three weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if they can capture the snow birds or not...

As for the Tripadvisor thing, all it takes is a few bad reviews for it to turn into a crap throwing fest. I agree that the place isn't perfect, but then I also agree that the evening menu is wrong too. They should be more down market (twice now I have recommended that)...

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”