Scooter's Fish House

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Read this on navarrenewspaper.com

In May a new restaurant will open up in Navarre. Scooter’s Fish House will be serving broiled and fried seafood that will have an affordable price and quick service.

Scooter’s Fish House is on Hwy 87 where the East River Smokehouse was located.

Hours of operation will be 10 am. till 9 pm. Mon – Thurs.

10am. till 10pm. Fri and Sat, seasonal only.

The owners have a successful restaurant in Ft Walton called Stewby’s Seafood Shanty and will use the same menu for their Navarrre restaurant.

FacebookTwitterShare

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:59 am

Sounds like good news for the area ... more choices just in time for the tourist season!

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Fantastic! I wish them great success and will help them get there when I get there.
iowajake

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Went there Thursday night to get some grub....was very impressed. had the Mahi-Mahi, and wife and children had fish sandwich, and two different types of shrimp. Very reasonable. We got it to go, and wished we would have stayed, as I liked the laid back atmosphere. Would recommend it to anyone.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Iowajake...thanks for the review. I look forward to giving it a try when I am down next. Did they update the place? I remember when East River was there it was quite outdated, not that they needed an update with a BBQ joint.
iowajake

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 pm

p'kid. first we've ever been to that location. it was nothing fancy, but clean, and great service, and better food. Nothing against Juana's, because they are special in their own way, but it sure would be nice if a nice seafood place could be sustainable on NB. It was sad to see that prime location where God only knows how many restaurants have come and gone on the beach. Miss Barracuda's as well. It was great to spend time at Navarre Towers for a week. probably best weather in the 15 or so trips we've made there, since 1989. by far, the best water...no seaweed, no jelly fish, decent waves, and the beach is so awesome. went kayaking for 1st time there, with daughter, and wonder why we waited so long to do so. we arrived Saturday, at 515, and at least 3 hours later, cars were still leaving from the Blue Angel show! hope to come down again soon, maybe even for T-giving! We've always gone during the summer months, and would love to see NB during the off-season. Enjoy your trip, and look forward to your review. Hope your place will you lay your head will be a better experience than last time. God bless
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks Iowajake! Me too! Btw, I have been contacted by the Days Inn and apparently their "owner" or Secretary or someone but who this person is, I do not know. They say they want to talk to me about my experience but I have yet to be called.

As far as the nice seafood place, I to feel that NB could use that. Heck Pensacola has a handful of places and Destin has some fairly nice places. I simply do not feel that the demographics, particularly out of season can sustain a nice place on the island.

As for the Blue Angels show...I am quite sure it is very fun to see them on the island and surrounded by beautiful beach and water but NO THANK YOU because of the traffic. I am not one of those people who can reach my Zen state while in traffic and will do whatever I can to avoid that situation. Will stick with seeing them 2-3 times over the summer months at the base.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”