Roccos has closed!

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:35 am

BeachTeach wrote:I have heard that the rent on the building has nearly tripled since those "Hey Day's" of Cocodries, which is more than likely the ultimate reason for the closure.
Yep - lease holder/building owner and county both greedy and killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.
While county has capped lease fees for individual home/condo owners at $250 per year, has not addressed (to my knowledge) the excessive lease fees (on TOP of full ad valorum property taxes) for commercial property (though have given a break to the new Springhill Suites?).
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:59 am

Then it appears this property will once again be inhabited at some point, only to fail.
dawhip

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:52 pm

I am very disappointed to hear that Rocco's has closed. I really enjoyed their food and atmosphere, especially the outside deck when the weather permitted. We are November renters of Navarre Beach, usually staying at the Regency, which was walking distance to Rocco's. I will miss Rocco's this November. But I am not surprised though, any restaurant ( or business) that does not own their building is subject to the whims of their lease owner. My farther and stepmother ran a very successful restaurant near Corpus Christi, Texas until their "landlord" decided to take advantage of their hard work, increased the rent by a power of 10 and forced them out of business. I don't know that that amount of greed was responsible here. Still, as I drive by Rocco's to the mainland for a meal this November I will be sad.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:48 am

It is my understanding by all the accounts I am hearing that indeed the level of "greed" was that high in this case. As you can see, there is no business presently in the building and I have heard on good authority it is because the owner of the property is simply demanding too much. Oh well, I shall go to other places.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:05 am

For Italian in Navarre - try Bella Luna (formerly Reggies, formerly Guglieamo's).
Have had two good experiences there (tho first time, on a Friday, only open 10-days - swamped - main course was delayed.)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”