the Pier Cafe

This forum is where you discuss restaurants, bars, grocery stores, fish markets, gift shops, beach wear and other retail stores in the Navarre Beach and Navarre Mainland.
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 pm

P cola,

What little I am posting is a definite challenge using my Kindle, sick lap top and maybe dead. It makes up it's own mind what word that I try and how to spell. Imagine what it does to the spelling of last names and e addresses.

Try asking the pier for address and name.

A short snail mail will hold in hand and get better attention. Please keep short and to the point of Miss Pat as mentioned.

Lots of things that you and I may DESIRE may well not be reasonable, practical, or profitable as they see it. You can not imagine how many suggestions they have endured in the last while, not to mention from the County. They learned a lot of what NOT to do from the "restaurateur" now gone and are being very smart by starting off with a KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) menu. We should let them crawl before they attempt to run. With time they should do well and are already putting in the hours that only the young can stand.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:31 pm

David, thank you and unless someone beats me to the punch, I will check it today or in the morning and report back to the forum.

I do understand your points and I too agree that it is not a good idea to overwhelm them with brilliant ideas. However, a point or two here and there that is expressed by many (a pattern, if you will) might get some traction.

One being...do we want the King Killer, Ms. Pat back at the stove and counter or not? :lol: Do we want that big thick slab of maple bacon with a plate full of biscuits and gravy or not?? Do we want to old counter and tables inside or not??

Come on people, do you have my back on this!!! :D
David
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Let's leave the menu to Pat, believe me, she knows her patrons better than you and I. Just visit, eat, fish and enjoy.
David
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 am

Let's have a moratorium for 30 days to allow the new management to have time to put together their food and beverage concept. I really believe that it is prudent that we give them some time. Thank you David for your wisdom in expressing your viewpoint.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Razorback

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:10 am

Pkid, I'm with you. Maple bacon biscuits and gravy and don't forget JR's omelet. Praying Ms. pat has her breakfast up and running come November.
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:41 am

Hey Razorback....I am only a visitor, I have no say in such matters. I shall remain out of it. Go Hogs!
David
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:48 am

P kid,

Personally, visitor or resident, you definitely have the right to express your desires but, as Kenny expressed, we need to give the new management some time to put things together.

Having been in the business many years and having the experience of being the new kid on the block more than once, I can attest to the fact that "suggestions" of what should be done become overwhelming to the point that you begin to ignore all, even those with merit.

Seems that I may have jumped the gun because the word, now, is they have not totally made up their mind. We may have to wait a while, till they complete one step at a time. DANG, DAMNED IT, I can taste the gravy and omelettes, sure looking forward!!
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 am

Understood. I will nonetheless remain out of the mix and let others decide (what to offer in way of suggestions) at whatever point they deem appropriate.
dawhip

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 pm

I stopped by Lagerheads (the new per bar) this morning after a walk on the pier. The bar had just opened (this was about 10:30 AM) and I talked briefly with the bartender. He was very friendly and enthusiastic about the place. They are serving food from 11 AM until 7 or 8 PM. The menu is basic, burgers, chicken strips, fries and onion rings. You order food from a separate window next to the store. Also, about 8 or so beers on tap (but no Abita !!) at the bar. We'll probably try it later this month and I'll post an update.

Return to “Navarre Beach Area & Navarre Mainland Restaurants, Sports Bars & Retail Stores”