Clean up after your pets

This forum is where YOU can discuss issues about "Leave No Trace" and litter problems on Navarre Beach; about the proposed beach ordinance regarding beach chairs, umbrellas, tents (including tent frames), and other items; and how “Leave NO Trace” can greatly protect nesting sea turtles and nesting shore birds.
mromeojr

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 am

:evil: I know we have leash laws and we have one sign at Tina Dr that says that but I haven't seen one anywhere else. What we need is some kind of enforcement for people that won't clean up after their pets along the Gulf Blvdas well. I walk my dog several times a day along the Blvd and actually use the dog pots to pick up. I have also had to walk around dog and cat turds in the middle of the sidewalk and bike path!! What were these people thinking?
We need some enforcement in the way of signs and actually give out tickets for these inconsiderates. Signs or whatever to show you will be fined for not cleaning up after your pet. We have visitors and parades coming and they will have to stand and sit around these piles - great!
We also ave free roaming cats on the beach environs - are they not just as messy as dogs? No leash law or fines for unleashed cats???

It is only going to get worse as the spring and summer get here with more people.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 am

mromeojr wrote::evil: I know we have leash laws and we have one sign at Tina Dr that says that but I haven't seen one anywhere else. What we need is some kind of enforcement for people that won't clean up after their pets along the Gulf Blvd as well. I walk my dog several times a day along the Blvd and actually use the dog pots to pick up. I have also had to walk around dog and cat turds in the middle of the sidewalk and bike path!! What were these people thinking?
We need some enforcement in the way of signs and actually give out tickets for these inconsiderates. Signs or whatever to show you will be fined for not cleaning up after your pet. We have visitors and parades coming and they will have to stand and sit around these piles - great!
We also have free roaming cats on the beach environs - are they not just as messy as dogs? No leash law or fines for unleashed cats???

It is only going to get worse as the spring and summer get here with more people.

Has this situation improved since your posting?
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
HiTide

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 am

To answer your question Angel, NO, don't know what it was like in 2011, but it can be pretty bad.
We also walk our dogs along the paths, we always bring our own bags but some times have to resort to the doggy stations. We have seen droppings right at the stations.
People will be people. It's hard to enforce these types of ordinances, no poop patrol.

Return to “Leave No Trace Ordinance - Help Keep Our Beach Clean!”