Another 16 Story High Rise Condo may be coming soon

This forum is where you find information about the Navarre Beach Master Plan. You can discuss here the pros and cons of changing the Navarre Beach Master Plan.
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 am

Thats a good question. Time will tell.
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2007 9:00 am

To be truthful a lot of the blame also is the lack of concern from the residents of Navarre. Most people do not live on the beach and do not care but someday they will all wake up and say how did it ever get like this?
By that time it will be to late and Navarre will be just like Destin .
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2007 10:27 am

I am a mainlander and I care! I wrote to the commissioners, etc. I look at the beach via the web cam every day. I have questioned the big equipment on the beach and the bright lights still on at night. What else can we do to show we care?

I am well aware of the conditions in Destin and other places on the beach. It's a very sad situation.

I can pretty much assure you that the mainlanders who post on this forum care about the beach ... if not, why are they here? After all, it's called "Navarre Beach Life"!

EBB
lss

Wed May 30, 2007 10:54 am

It's certain that you do care, EBB. I would think, though, that all voters in Santa Rosa county would not be as "close" to the issue as many who congregate on this nice forum.

The CC's should represent the people and vote the voice of their people. If people are not voicing their opinion strongly and loudly enough then the decision is left to the government of the county and I would think they see the tax base and would vote that way. I think it's a wrong move...but then I'm just a vacationer...not a resident of the county.

Many speak of incorporation...it's a long process that has to be taken to Tallahassee. Hopefully some of you fine people are looking into that as we all type and read. Even still, when the tax base is needed for support of the "city of Navarre" many will see the short distance between the rock and the hard spot that the decision makers find themselves in every day.

May the best decisions be made.
navarrebum

Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Rumors are.......the vote will be NO!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm

The People's Beach ... You do not deserve to be addressed as such ... you are constantly putting down everyone! I'm not sure where you get the idea that all condo owners on the beach are "rich fat cats". I'm sure some people bought property there as an investment. Surely, you can't deny them the opportunity to make an investment for their future, can you? Social Security was not meant to be anything the normal person could exist on. I doubt that the "rich fat cats" on the beach are collecting welfare ... and taking money out of your pockets! They, for the most part, are living on their investments. Be it income from their condos, or income from some other type of investment. Maybe you ought to try that, and quit your name calling.

Have a happy evening, if you can. You sound like a very jealous and unhappy person(s).

EBB
David
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 5:33 am

TPBeach,

I believe I have said to you previously that I do not own a condo on the beach and I don't fall into your "rich fat cat" name calling. I am sure that the folks that own on the beach don't need me to defend them but your continued negative outlook toward those you obviously do not know nor understand bothers most of us.

Your statements are not cute as you must feel them to be. I believe that most of us see your statements as those of an immature person(s). I agree with EBB and feel, personally, that your body is full of jealous, unhappy bone. Maybe some day you can grow up, get off your backside, and accumulate some of that wealth you are so envious of. When you get to my age it is not as easy as it could be for you. Quit your belly aching and go to work.

Have a succesful day.
David
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 9:55 am

E-mail from Kenny Wilder to the Santa Rosa County Commissioners
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:41 AM
To: 'comm-stewart@santarosa.fl.gov'; 'comm-broxson@santarosa.fl.gov'; 'comm-cole@santarosa.fl.gov'; 'Comm-Salter@santarosa.fl.gov'; 'comm-goodin@santarosa.fl.gov'
Subject: Summer Place rezoning application for Navarre Beach

Dear Commissioners,

Tonight you (5) five County Commissioners will all vote on the most important matter that has ever come before your board regarding Navarre Beach. The issue is about a residential community called Summer Place on the Gulf side of Gulf Blvd. The small community consists of (4) beach homes and (3) vacant lots that are to the west boundary of the Belle Mer high rise condo. The (2) owners of the Summer Place community desire to have their Low-Density zoning changed to High-Density so that they can build a high rise condo.

I am not against the building of high rise condos that are High-Density Commercial parcels that are already included in the Navarre Beach Master Plan of 2002. The Master Plan currently includes the zoning of High Density Commercial parcels about a half mile on both sides of Gulf Blvd. between Navarre Towers and BeachView. These parcels also include what used to be the Holiday Inn before it was demolished.

I suggest that the rezoning of Summer Place be put on a back burner until all of the High Density parcels as described above have all been developed. To approve the Summer Place rezoning application would result in great consequences of Navarre Beach. It would add to a potential infrastructure nightmare. It would cause traffic jams on the beach, the bridge and Highway 98. It would create a problem regarding hurricane evacuation for Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach.

Has the County conducted a study with the Florida DOT to see how this High-Density rezoning application would impact hurricane evacuation for Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach using the National Seashore Road (Highway 399) and Gulf Blvd. in relation to the Navarre Beach Bridge and exit to Highway 98?

I think it would be in the best interest of Navarre Beach and Santa Rosa County if the County Commissioners abide by the Navarre Beach Master Plan, which does not allow further High-Density rezoning. I respectfully request that you deny the Summer Place residential community rezoning application.

I am the owner and administrator of the Navarre Beach Life Forum, which is a community bulletin board. Between 10,000 and 20,000 readers view this forum everyday. About 99% of the people that have posted comments on this forum are opposed to the rezoning application for Summer Place. Below are 143 comments from your constituents and those that vacation at Navarre Beach. Just click on the links below to see what the folks have to say about this very important issue.

Link: Navarre Beach Life Forum
http://navarrebeachlife.com/forum

Link: Local Planning Board and the County Commissioners regarding Summer Place
http://navarrebeachlife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1377

Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com
Navarre Beach: "Florida's best kept secret"
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
We want 2 live in Navarre
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Well said EBB & David, some people just don't get it.

If these commissioners don't make the right decision someone needs to stand up and say really loud "I suggest we change the name of Navarre beach the best kept secret to Destin 2 a crowded rowdy place that takes 15min to cross a 150 foot bridge and its right by Destin"

Red :cry:
Someday we will call Navarre Beach our Home!
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 5:26 pm

I imagine the underlying reason for selling the Summerplace houses is because the land is now taxable. It is probably now very difficult or impossible to make a profit renting those units. I think we can safely blame the ultimate destruction of NB on our local property tax appraiser's office and the community at large who supported taxing NB, if indeed the Commisioner's support the rezoning.
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm

GOOD LUCK AT THE MEETING TONIGHT !
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Vickinoe, what a excellent point.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 pm

County Commissioners Deny Summer Place Rezoning Application

I was at the County Commissioners public meeting tonight in Milton. The Commissioner’s voted 3 to 2 in favor of denying the Summer Place rezoning application for a high rise condo. The Commissioners that were opposed said that rezoning the application would not be in accordance to the Navarre Beach Master Plan. The hall was packed with people from both sides of this issue. Commissioner Gordon Goodin in my opinion was instrumental in getting the swing vote.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 10:38 pm

HIP HIP HORAY This is good news. :D
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu May 31, 2007 11:02 pm

The best news we've heard in a long time!!! My faith in the commissioners has been reinstated! I knew Gordon would be on our side, and hoped that some others would go along with him. Congratulations to all of you on the beach and at Belle Mer ... you certainly got your point across! You can sleep well tonight! It was only right that they deny it ... I would say they're all corrupt if they hadn't.

EBB

Return to “Navarre Beach Master Plan”