Another 16 Story High Rise Condo may be coming soon

This forum is where you find information about the Navarre Beach Master Plan. You can discuss here the pros and cons of changing the Navarre Beach Master Plan.
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Tue May 22, 2007 9:53 am

Positive thinking is an interesting concept that presumes man is superior to God and that man has control over his life and his world, if only he thinks positively. It is understandable that many people are attracted to this way of thinking because it is worldly thought. The truest form of positive thinking is to believe that God has complete control over your life and the world. This places the center of your thoughts on God rather than yourself. So let us ask God what is His will for the beach. If it be that he desires a high-rise, so it will be. I can't know why God would want a high-rise, but if it is His will, I must accept that He has a very good reason for it.
We want 2 live in Navarre
Power User
Power User

Tue May 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Vicki I have a strong belief in God as well and I put every issue I have up to him for a solution and truly believe he controls all, that said I can still when faced with adversity think positive and look for a solution or sit back and say well god will fix it and do nothing. Then where would we be if we just assume God will fix it, our positive thoughts, idea's, and actions are what gives the advantage over the people with deceit, cruelty, and greed as there motivation. Don't you agree? I do not just sit back and base any of my beliefs on positive thinking but use it as a guide for my actions and decisions. Hmmm what could I do to help this matter in a positive way?

Red :D
Last edited by We want 2 live in Navarre on Tue May 22, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday we will call Navarre Beach our Home!
We want 2 live in Navarre
Power User
Power User

Tue May 22, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks for the back up go army, not to be preachy but Jesus is our savior. We are only here because of him.

Red
Someday we will call Navarre Beach our Home!
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Wed May 23, 2007 8:36 am

I sent emails to all but only recieved a response from one.

Thanks for your note. I will review before making a decision.

Sincerely,
Commissioner Bob Cole
Santa Rosa County BOCC

Is it that the others do not care?
keywester

Wed May 23, 2007 11:36 am

done 8) kenny should we take this over to pbphs? let me know if you think it would help.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed May 23, 2007 12:52 pm

More is always better!

I think it would be great to get the message to your forum readers, too. Thanks for the offer.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
keywester

Wed May 23, 2007 6:46 pm

i don't know why i didn't think about the email list.... we have a lot of gulf breezers on it (hundreds) and pbphs serves all of santa rosa island. i'm going to look at what you've written here and try and quote you as much as possible, using your name.... if you don't mind. i'll ask seadog to help me as i'm not good at putting those things together. or if you want to put together what you are happy with and have it come from you with an intro from pbphs, we can do it that way too. what ever you prefer. 8)
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed May 23, 2007 7:11 pm

keywester,

An easy way to encourage your forum readers on how to send e-mails or letters to Santa Rosa County Officials is provided in the link below.

http://navarrebeachlife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1437

You have my permission to distribute my quotes to your forum readers regarding the High-Density issue at Navarre Beach. Your help is certainly appreciated.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 24, 2007 9:07 am

Doug Springfield, the President of the Belle Mer Condominium Association
asked me to post the e-mail copied below that he sent to all five County Commissioners to oppose the rezoning application for a high rise condo to the west of Belle Mer.

To: comm-salter@co.santa-rosa.fl.us ; comm-goodin@co.santa-rosa.fl.us ; comm-cole@co.santa-rosa.fl.us ; comm-broxson@co.santa-rosa.fl.us ; comm-stewart@co.santa-rosa.fl.us
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:54 PM
Subject: Rezoning Application 2007-R-047

Dear Commissioners,

I am writing this letter both in my capacity as the President of the Belle Mer Condominium Association as well as an owner of unit # 303 to oppose the Rezoning/Large Scale Future Land Use Map (FLUM) Amendment Application 2007-R-047. I request you deny this application for the following reasons.

First, the rezoning application does not comply with the Master Plan for Navarre Beach that has been under development since the mid 1990s. The Navarre Beach Master Plan was thoroughly researched, documented and provided that there would be no high rise developments to the west of Belle Mer for a number of reasons. One is that Gulf Blvd. turns toward the beach at the Belle Mer property line so the space between the road and the beach significantly narrows, thus making it impractical to build a high rise with required parking and amenities in that small of a space. Consequently, all development west of Belle Mer has been low-to-mid rise structures. With this Master Plan in place, the developer of Belle Mer, BL Harbert Construction, Inc. made the decision to uniquely face the building at a 45 degree southwestern angle, giving its owners a distinctive view of the beach and gulf. Both BL Harbert and Belle Mer owners made their purchase decisions on the reasonable expectation that the Master Plan would prevail as the guiding principle. If a high-rise condominium is constructed on the Summer Place property, it will degrade the Belle Mer neighborhood because it will block this distinctive view and will therefore devalue the property.

Second, Navarre Beach is a one-of-a-kind destination because it is an island community with lower-density than most other resort locations along the northwest coast of Florida. The construction of yet another high-rise condominium on Navarre Beach would not only degrade the Belle Mer property, but will weaken the basic infrastructure of an already fragile island. The additional population will put a strain on traffic, parking, police and fire protection, search and rescue. The fact is that there already exists today a significant amount of property available for development to the east and on the north side of Gulf Blvd that is much better suited for condominium development.

Last, serious consideration should be given to the negative impact that another high-rise condominium with its additional population and vehicular traffic will most certainly have on hurricane evacuation time. Presently, the bridge over Santa Rosa Sound is the only means of ingress and egress for the island. Can the island be safely evacuated in a timely manner with these additional demands?

In summary, this rezoning does not comply with the longstanding Master Plan of the island and will have a negative impact on the value of Belle Mer properties. In addition, it will strain the basic infrastructure capabilities for the rest of the island. Please don't allow the applicants who bought this property merely to make a quick profit to do so at the expense of their neighbors and other island residents.

I invite you to meet with me at the Belle Mer property so you can see firsthand the merits of my objections. If this is not suitable to your schedules, I will be glad to meet you in Milton. I respectfully request this meeting prior to May 31.

Sincerely,

Doug Springfield
President, Belle Mer Condominium Association
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
clockdoc45

Fri May 25, 2007 6:14 am

Hi Red

No problem, I think positive about all of my efforts. I always face the facts head on so I know what I'm battling. I use daily what Norman Vincent Peale wrote in his books. It is a great guide for your everyday life.

I imagine you are at the beach now. I hope you have a great time.
Have one for me.

clockdoc45
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Sun May 27, 2007 11:08 am

BillyBob,

That's a nice truck you got there. How many Billy Goats and Chickens can you fit in it? :D Them thar commisioners up thar in Milton care about us beach people, it's just they have terrible trouble showing it. They is jealous we got high-rises on the beach whereas there are none in Milton. I vote we beach people buy up downtown Milton (I've seen it and I'm sure we could get it real cheap) and put up a couple of dem high-rises smack dab along the main street. How does that sound to you?
Beach Angel

Mon May 28, 2007 7:48 pm

I sent my e-mails to the County Commissioners last week. I plan to be at the meeting open to the public on May 31 to oppose anymore rezoning requests for high rise condos.
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Tue May 29, 2007 7:54 pm

I recieved my 2nd responce today.

Dear Mr. Metro,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about this matter.
When this item comes before the County Commission, I will give every consideration to your email.
Don't hesitate to contact me when I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

John Broxson
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Tue May 29, 2007 9:52 pm

Randy - Same message I got from Comm. Broxson. Must have a stock message for everyone, huh?

EBB
Randymetro
Power User
Power User

Wed May 30, 2007 6:46 am

It bothers me that only two bothered to respond. I just sent a second one to the other two.

Return to “Navarre Beach Master Plan”