Hot green tea with meals

Everything you always wanted to know about Health but were afraid to ask, and the Affordable Health Care Plan.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 am

Ever wonder why there are so many Asian elderly? Come to find out, most of them, as has been tradition for centuries, drink hot tea with their meals. Know why? Well, it is good to begin with but secondarily, hot tea allows the flushing of oils through the system that otherwise may get remain in the body. Cold fluids just make the oils thicker and harder to eliminate.

Also, every single day, preferably in the morning after your one or two cups of coffee/tea...drink a cup of hot water with one lemon squeezed into it. This too gives you a ton of vitamin C and also flushes the system or helps to anyway.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:36 pm

I drink green tea all the time. Also peppermint - very good for digestion.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:54 am

I love hot green tea in sushi restaurants but can't seem to find a good brand for home. Any thoughts or ideas?
Linda
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am

My favorite green teas are the ones I find at Tuesday Morning (a plethora of name brands and "big lots" type of retailer at low prices.) Tea of Life brand and also Pukka. I also buy Celestial Seasons Green Tea from Publix. For me, I go with the decaffeinated ones. I like to sleep at night. :D
Linda
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:06 am

My tea drawer 8)
Attachments
Tea.jpg
Tea.jpg (77.01 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks, 'Kid, for the reminder about the health benefits of hot (decaf) green tea! I must have had at least 4 cups a day during the worst part of my flu-bug (respiratory type) symptoms and along w/the garlic chicken soup and tons of Vit C, I got a good bill of health from my doc yesterday!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Bernardrichii

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 am

Is it better to drink green tea hot or cold? :roll:
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 am

I don't know if there are any "scientific" reasons that say which is best --- but when it's cold and damp out, I like a hot cup of decaf green tea ... but in the summertime, it's quite refreshing served over ice, lightly sweetened and w/a squeeze of lemon! Green Tea packs a lot of great anti-oxidants too!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/to ... a#section1
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Health”