1992 Navarre Beach Video - Part 1

Here is where you post your Navarre Beach old photos and videos. Photos about 60 days old posted on other sub-forums may be moved here. This is where you share your memories of the past of Navarre Beach.
Arlo

Wed May 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Some time back, there was some interest from folks on the Forum wishing to see "old Navarre Beach area Photos" and several months later I have some snippets to share with you.

My wife and I along with our two youngest kids visited Navarre Beach for the first time in June, 1992 which is now 15 years ago. We remembered that week at the "Sugar Beach Resort" (cost over $400 (or $600?) for a week! :shock: ) and after becoming empty-nesters, we returned to the area in 2003 and spent the month of January at the Pearl. We've wintered there several times since and will be again visiting for a week with our 4 grown kids, their spouses and 7 grandchildren this June.

During that 1992 trip the kind folks never corrected us when we referred to it as "Navar-EEE Beach" as you'll hear me say on the video. :roll:

Here is part one. My first attempt with youtube and windows movie maker. Haven't figured out yet how to edit out parts that I should have including my rambling commentary and too much time looking at the flowers! Please forgive my amateur attempt. Maybe I'll figure it out before part 2.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Arlo on Wed May 16, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed May 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Arlo, I'm having a problem pulling up your video on you tube. I clicked on it and there's nothing relating to a vacation at Navarre Beach 1992.

I'd love to see it, if I could.

EBB
Arlo

Wed May 16, 2007 7:46 pm

I think it should work now. Thanks for letting me know.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed May 16, 2007 9:05 pm

Great video, Arlo! Fun to watch and it sure brought back memories. I remember eating at Rick's Crab Trap when it was in Navarre! And the toll bridge when it cost 25 cents? :D Thanks for sharing!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed May 16, 2007 9:55 pm

Thanks, Arlo ... it's coming thru fine now. Don't feel bad about the pronounciation of Navarre ... everyone does it ... until they've been here.

Not sure if you found out what kind of flowers were in the first part - the white ones and red ones. It looks like oleander to me. They are so pretty right now, and bloom for a long time. But poisonous to dogs, I heard.

EBB
We want 2 live in Navarre
Power User
Power User

Thu May 17, 2007 9:37 am

Very nice video,

Gosh I miss Navarre.

Red :mrgreen:
Someday we will call Navarre Beach our Home!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm

You're right 'Babe, those shrubs w/the pretty flowers are oleanders. Many years ago, I heard that someone at Galveston Island (in TX) had used the dried stems for kindling at a cookout and some folks were poisoned from it. Can't vouch for the authenticity of the story, though.

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach & Area “Archived” Old Photos & Videos”