Mammoth Bluegill Caught Yesterday on the East River

Here is the forum about fishing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, East River, Yellow River, and the Blackwater River. This is where you can read and discuss David's Fishing Reports. You can discuss information about tackle, bait, tides, and tournaments. You can post you’re fishing and boating photos here.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 am

Mammoth Bluegill Caught Yesterday on the East River

Photo by Kenny Wilder ~ iPhone

Yesterday Dale and I were fishing on the East River at our favorite spot for mammoth bluegills. Most of the bluegills that we caught were about the same size as the photo shown. This one weighed 1 pound / 2 ounces. Being from Alabama our favorite fish to eat is bluegills dipped in corn meal and dropped into hot peanut oil.

Yes, we have great fishing on the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier, Deep Sea Fishing and Surf Fishing. We also have some of the best freshwater fishing in Florida for bluegill, shell cracker, bass, crappie and catfish just a few miles north of Navarre. Get this…the East River is only about 3 miles north of Navarre on Highway 87. The Yellow River the swiftest river in Florida is only about 15 miles north of Navarre on Highway 87 and the famous float river the Blackwater River is about 25 miles north of Navarre.

Our fishing gear are Bream Buster 12’ telescopic poles, 6 pound monofilament line, small float, small split shot and Number 8 Eagle Claw hook.

Our being from Alabama Bluegill and Shell Cracker are referred to as Bream.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 am

"Bream" (pronounced "brim") is what we call 'em in East Texas, too!

:)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 pm

You are so right, bream, shellcracker, coppernose, whatever you want to call them, that is some good eating! 8)
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 am

Man I am hungry for fried fish. Gave up fried though for Lent but when Easter is over, I am fryin' me up some fish. Nice one, Kenny!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Yeah, that's the ticket ... with hush puppies, baked beans and Cole slaw! YUM-M-M-M-M-M-M

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Fishing Saltwater & Freshwater”