Navarre Fishing Charter - Flat Out Charters - 2/15/13

Here is the forum about fishing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, East River, Yellow River, and the Blackwater River. This is where you can read and discuss David's Fishing Reports. You can discuss information about tackle, bait, tides, and tournaments. You can post you’re fishing and boating photos here.
Tyler Manning

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Pensacola Fishing Charter - Today I had the pleasure of fishing with the Nelson family. The bite started off a little slow but picked up as soon as the tide changed. We caught lots of Black Snapper, Red Snapper, some nice Bull reds and a big octopus!. The Sheepshead were being caught here and there so it shouldnt be long until the sheepshead spawn is in full force. Stay tuned for more fishing reports as the season is beginning to heat up.

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Your fishing reports are really appreciated.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:29 pm

You scored an octopus! I need one of those for my special Okinawan Fried Octopus....hope I can get one locally! :)

~Jeff
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Jeff,

Don't know if you recall seeing my post on some thread quite a while back but I was speaking with someone on the forum, perhaps it was the Pensacolafishingforum.com forum and they said they had dived the old (previous to this new pier) rubble from the past pier (two piers ago) that was situated directly out in front of the pier in about 35 feet of water and this diver said he has dived all over the Gulf and Caribbean and said the biggest Octopus he has ever seen was in that rubble. Ummmmm.....good eatin'!

That is what makes the Gulf such a special place....ya never know what you're gonna find. Remember lvthebch's picture of a couple of summers ago and the two sharks in about 12 inches of water, right at the beach....dolfnfan's video's of such cool life and the dolphin playing with it's catch. The Gulf is a very very special place. Can't get that in some dadum Great Lake can ya!!!! :lol:
Tyler Manning

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Yep scored an octopus in Pensacola Pass! It was sooo good. More reports to come soon!!
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks P'Kid and Capt TM!

~Jeff

Return to “Fishing Saltwater & Freshwater”