What Color Line

Here is the forum about fishing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, East River, Yellow River, and the Blackwater River. This is where you can read and discuss David's Fishing Reports. You can discuss information about tackle, bait, tides, and tournaments. You can post you’re fishing and boating photos here.
mojonesy07

Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:09 am

I am going to braided line and I have seen anglers on the pier with HighVis Yellow and a variety of others. My question is, do the fish seem to be spooked by line colors, specifically HighViz lines? The fish I target are Kings, Spanish, Cobia, Tarpon, etc. Also, do those that use the HighViz line also attach a leader or tie the braid directly to the hook. Thanks
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Don't know if this article will be helpful to you, but it's an interesting read about fishing and color of lures, etc. I think most of our fishermen/women must be busy fishing and haven't been reading the forum lately.
:lol: :lol:

http://www.oocities.org/wwindmills/fishcolor.html
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Martoch

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:23 pm

They use a fluorocarbon leader (line to line knot) at the end of the braided line - it's invisible to the fish underwater. The bright color braid is for them to watch movements in their line above the water in case they don't "feel" a strike.

[video][/video]
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:27 am

Strangely enough, the color of the braided line does not seem to make a difference. I fish with yellow and have seen dark green, red, blue, etc. The key is the flourocarbon leader material. For Kings in the early morning and even later in the morning, wire is the best route, although I have caught many Kings with with a 50-60 lb, flourocarbon leader without getting cut off. Might not recommend that way but I have.

Return to “Fishing Saltwater & Freshwater”