8/1 Navarre Beach Fishing Report

Here is the forum about fishing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, East River, Yellow River, and the Blackwater River. This is where you can read and discuss David's Fishing Reports. You can discuss information about tackle, bait, tides, and tournaments. You can post you’re fishing and boating photos here.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Since no one is reporting on the fish/fishing activity lately, thought I would provide a fishing report per Half Hitch Bait and Tackle.

FISHING SUCKS RIGHT NOW!

Thank you and I will have a more in-depth report when it does not suck!! 8) :lol:
David
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:53 pm

As ya said, nutin much to report and that can be found at Half Hitch.

I have managed to eat fresh caught fish or crabs about every other day for the last couple weeks though nothing to rave about. Had some trout and red fish but most my fish were what many around here do not eat because they seem to think of them as pin fish though they are not in the same family but they have a spot behind thier gills as the pin fish do. I lucked into what are called "spots" along the Carolina coasts and are targeted there by pier and surf fishermen, especially in the fall when they run the surf in schools. They dont get much bigger than a decent freshwater brim and you dress, fry and eat just as you would brim or crappie. I had not eaten any for years and had forgotten how darn good they really are. They even have a "Spot Festival" (some thing like a mullet .festival) every fall in a town close to Wilmington where they serve thousands of "spot" plates to raise money for local schools.

So, the spots fed me, thier heads became bait for the crabs, and the crabs became feasts for me and some neighbors as well. "Show a man how to fish and feed him for life!" This man will definatly be looking for more "spots" to fish and eat.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 am

I have heard that NC fishing is pretty good. It is the home of the, "Gotcha." Glad you were able to feast.
David
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 am

You may have misunderstood, only referred to NC as to the "spot" festivals and the spot being a targeted fish there but not here.

The spot and crab, refered to, caught and eaten, came from our own Navarre waters.
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Yep, sorry...misread it.
David
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:40 pm

It's my NC drawl, nobody understands what I say! :?
David

Return to “Fishing Saltwater & Freshwater”