Fishing mouth of East Bay river

Here is the forum about fishing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, East River, Yellow River, and the Blackwater River. This is where you can read and discuss David's Fishing Reports. You can discuss information about tackle, bait, tides, and tournaments. You can post you’re fishing and boating photos here.
GABoy

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I recently relocated to Navarre from GA. I was wondering what you could catch and looking for any fishing tips for fishing the mouth of East Bay river? I have access to a dock off of East Bay Blvd but have never fished this area. The area is down from the East Bay boat ramp but not actually out in the Bay. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:14 pm

GABoy, congrats on the re-lo! I've pm'd a forum member who lives over in that general direction --- they may be able to answer your question or may know someone who can!

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 am

OK, well, GABoy, looks like the folks "in the know" are not reading the posts right now ... so next best thing (or maybe THE best thing) is to check out some local outfitters. The employees in these places often hear more local news because sportsmen are busy fishing and not computing! ;)

Try this place for more info:
http://www.halfhitch.com/stores/half-hi ... ng-reports

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
rexy

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Years ago my boss called into office and asked if I went fishing this weekend, I told him yes and had some luck, he said how come you catch so many fish, I replied I go fishing, and under my breath a**hole. he did not know I live on the water both front and back.
David
Power User
Power User

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 am

GB,

To much to put in one short post but to get you started:

Red fish, speckled trout, white trout, flounder, a wandering bass from up the river, crabs, and some other swimmers can be taken from that area. Buy yourself a minnow trap,bait with some shrimp scrap,hang from the dock and use the caught pin fish as bait under a popping cork or on a Carolina rig and fish from the dock. If the dock has lights, fish the outer halo of light for trout at night. Use circle hooks so the fish not in slot can be released easier, have fun, eat well.

As questions arrise, ask, and as caught, I'll try to answer.
David
GABoy

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:08 am

Thanks for the info! I didn't know if the river here was more freshwater or saltwater. I am used to fishing the Atlantic side around Brunswick, GA. I will certainly get me a trap and use those pinfish. Again thanks for the info.

Return to “Fishing Saltwater & Freshwater”