Next project

Here is where you can discuss your favorite books, poetry, art and music. This is where you can express yourselves by posting your own creative work.

marko

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:47 am

Finished the turtle like object. It's ok, but I am more excited to do the next one with the extra led light I have. I have gathered material and have an idea in mind. Will need to do some practice runs with the epoxy resin to see how it looks with shells. Image
marko

Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am

I have gotten started on my flat panel led project. It looks rather sloppy at 1st but the smaller frame will be buried in shells so you won't see it. Used a tinted plexiglass to dim it down some because it is so bright.

Before the pour

Then comes the part of doing my 1st cast resin pours. I used actual Navarre Beach sand to get it to look like shore lapping at the frame. It gives a very nice detail. Now I have to figure out what to do in the center.

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:39 am

Well, personally, I like the turtle best ... it's a very creative use of different shaped shells. I don't quite know how it could be displayed but it is quite interesting!

Looking at your artistic creations with appreciation for the creativity involved and with the recent destruction of so many artistic endeavors of our national heroes and history-makers, it does make me wonder how those artists would feel today seeing the lack of respect being shown their creations? Just a random thought. I'm a hobby artist as well and I know it would hurt deeply to have something I worked so diligently on destroyed by a thoughtless, deliberate and senseless act.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 am

Marko,

Thank you for sharing. Those are quite nice and I am particularly fond of the turtle. May be a stupid question or statement but I assume these are Navarre shells? I have so many and am thinking of ways to display them.

Return to “Books, Poetry, Art, Music & Drama”