Shell Art Part 2

Here is where you can discuss your favorite books, poetry, art and music. This is where you can express yourselves by posting your own creative work.

marko

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Had to make a few changes to make it all work. The 1st flat panel LED was not able to dim, it turns out, and it came out exceedingly bright to where it lit up my entire backyard. I bought a second light that was dimmable and came in a more natural amber light and had the good fortune to fit perfectly into the frame. The letters are a little smooshed in for my tastes. It took several layers to get the distinction to see the letters, and I think the frame is rather dull, but still, its not bad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

I now have a spare LED light to do something with. I will probably get a tinted acrylic cover for it and pile on shells to make it not as bright. Likely do something more abstract as soon as I get inspired.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:36 pm

I love that!! Brilliant idea!

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am

I'll bet that is a heavy piece of art! Beautiful, though! :D

I'm wondering if you could make garden "stepping stones" of these (without the lights, of course) by using a transparent acrylic medium of some sort to embed the shell arrangement? But I don't even know if such a product is available for general arts and crafts usage. :idea:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
marko

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 am

I weighed it at 13.5 #'s so not too bad. The light and frame are very light. Not sure about the acrylic stepping stones, but seems doable. Google shows some stuff. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GG ... AR6BAgHEAEhttps://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GG ... AR6BAgHEAE

Was thinking of just doing something simple like fence art, with no lights, next.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Fence art? Sounds interesting! We looked at a house in Burleson some years back when we were relocating to that area from NW FL and the lady had painted colorful little flowers all along the bottom of the backyard fence. It was really cute ... but I figured it wasn't very easy to do!!

When my pictures and decor kept coming up missing from the restroom in a retail business we owned in San Antonio, I decided to do something harder to "relocate" and painted a large mural on a restroom wall. That was challenging enough!! :shock:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Books, Poetry, Art, Music & Drama”