Becoming Mrs. Lewis

Here is where you can discuss your favorite books, poetry, art and music. This is where you can express yourselves by posting your own creative work.

Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 am

I've just ordered my copy of Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan Henry. She's from Mountain Brook, AL - Birmingham area. She's done extensive research for this historical fiction piece about Joy, the wife of CS Lewis.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 am

Linda wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 am
I've just ordered my copy of Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan Henry. She's from Mountain Brook, AL - Birmingham area. She's done extensive research for this historical fiction piece about Joy, the wife of CS Lewis.
Looking forward to your book report! :)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:16 pm

I'll report back in time for Christmas Shopping. :lol: :lol: It's my "on the plane book" for our trip to Japan.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Linda wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:16 pm
I'll report back in time for Christmas Shopping. :lol: :lol: It's my "on the plane book" for our trip to Japan.
That'll be great! Prayers for your safe journey and very blessed visit with your family there! One of my friends in Bible class just came back from there ... she is Japanese by heritage but came to the U.S. as a young woman.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Linda
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Birmingham writer, Patti Callahan, has brought back to life the friendship and love of Joy Davidman and C.S. Lewis in this beautifully written historical fiction novel. She touches all the senses in her description of the people and places surrounding this couple and the unique friendship that ensues after Joy sends a letter to C.S. Lewis concerning her spiritual experiences. The story is honest and brings about the real questions one asks in the midst of suffering, happiness, and changes in life.

I usually pass on a great book to a friend or to a neighborhood book exchange but this one will remain with other stories I treasure.

If you enjoy giving a gift of a signed copy, contact The Alabama Booksmith. https://www.alabamabooksmith.com

Return to “Books, Poetry, Art, Music & Drama”