Coyotes reportedly attacking pets

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Coyotes reportedly attacking pets in Santa Rosa Shores neighborhood

Navarre Press

The president of the Santa Rosa Shores Homeowners Association has reported that multiple cats have gone missing recently and were later found mutilated. A resident caught on camera a young coyote in their yard. Residents in the area are being advised to supervise their pets when they are outside and to keep garbage in the cans and do not leave any pet food outdoors.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Coyotes are subject to rabies, too. Seems that would be a big concern in such a population-dense environment, too.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profi ... nd/coyote/
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Linda
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Before moving into our new home in Niceville we were staying in a vacation rental on Boggy Bayou. My husband saw an odd animal that was shaped like a coyote and had the eyes but was nearly without fur. Couple of days later there was an article in the Northwest Florida Daily News about the coyote sightings and it mentioned a skin disease affecting them. We saw the coyote several times in the evenings and then heard he had been caught. We've also seen wild boar near our neighborhood. Keep your eyes open...never know what critter you will see here in beautiful Northwest Florida!
twichers

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

A co-worker said they have been having issues on Okaloosa Island with disappearing cats and rabbits. He bought a game camera and on the first night, got a pic of what looks like to be a coyote...

Very adaptable animals...
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:21 am

Time to bring out the cages and catch them and re-release them back deep in Eglin property.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Or get more Roadrunners to order ACME products!

:lol:

Beeeep-beeep!
[youtube][/youtube]
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”