Highway 98 Landscaping in Navarre

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

beachbum43

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 am

I noticed in the news yesterday a group was able to get a $50,000 grant to continue the landscaping beautification project in the Tiger Point area along Highway 98. The entrance to Navarre Beach from Highway 98 looks very nice, and I think it was local volunteers who put a lot lot of work and time into it. Did the money for that project come from donations or did the county pay for it? I would love to see the Navarre median get a landscape makeover. Is there anyone out there that knows if grants are available for our area for landscaping? I understand county and state budgets are tight right now and maybe this is bad timing. Just trying to spruce up our little piece of heaven on earth. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:44 pm

BB43,

I would agree with you, the entrance to Navarre Beach is very beautiful and whomever did it, they did a superb job. Kind of tropical and oasis like without going overboard. Wish I could help you on the answers but don't have a clue.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 am

beachbum43- From what I've heard, the landscaping will be by Midway. They received a grant from Gulf Breeze ... they are incorporated and I think that makes them eligible for a grant. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”