Hwy 98 Deaths recently

Here is the forum you will find lots of information, photos and discussion about the Navarre Mainland, Navarre Town Center, Heart of Navarre and Santa Rosa County. Areas included are Gulf Breeze, Pace, Milton and other communities in Santa Rosa County.

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 am

In the Navarre Press, there is an article addressing the need of the county to try and figure out why there have been a rash of pedestrian deaths along Hwy 98 in recent weeks. Below the brief are some, "opinions" of locals on this topic. One of them said, and I am paraphrasing here....."the county can not mandate or legislate, common sense." Although sad that people had to lose their lives so meaninglessly, it is perplexing to me that people get hit while trying to cross the street. Either in the same opinion or perhaps it was another, one poster said, and again, paraphrasing here...."were we not all taught to look both ways before we walked across the street.

I live in a city of 4 million and there have not been 3 people die while crossing the roads in 6 months time. So, the question remains...why so many on 98? It is not like it is a tree lined, curvy, blind road. It is wide open from east to west and west to east?

Return to “Navarre Mainland and Santa Rosa County”