Gulf Coast discovery Center.....

NAVARRE BEACH MARINE SCIENCE CENTER, NAVARRE BEACH SEA TURTLE CONSERVATION, NAVARRE BEACH MARINE SANCTUARY AND ARTIFICIAL REEFS. This is the place to post photos, videos and talk about the Navarre Beach Marine Park east of Navarre Beach Fishing Pier.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 am

Lets revive this significant topic area for the Navarre Beach and surrounding area, shall we?

The latest proposals for the Gulf Coast discovery Center development look to be moving forward.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/na ... 543069002/

http://ssrnews.com/holley-couple-offici ... fe-refuge/

So where EXACTLY is the new center going to be located? On the Island (if so where) or on the mainland/sound?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Do note that these are two separate projects.
The Marine Discovery Center will, I believe, be in Navarre Marine Park on the Island.
The Wildlife rescue center is in Holley.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 am

Gulf Coast Discovery Center

The Gulf Coast Discovery Center will be located on the Sound Side across Gulf Blvd. from the Navarre Towers and Belle Mer condos. The Center will be about 1 mile west of the Navarre Beach Fishint Pier. I am seriously contemplating placing another Camera on the 15th floor of the Belle Mer with multiple views of the Center and its construction and views of the Sound that have never been seen before.

Navarre Traffic Watch HD 1080 Cam

For about a month I have been trying to nail down a Camera location across from the Navarre Visitors Center on Navarre Parkway (US Highway 98). The Camera will have 3 views that show traffic at the intersection of Navarre Parkway and the entrance to Navarre Beach Bridge, traffic in front of the Visitors Center and a view looking west toward the Smoke House Restuarant. If everything works out the Cam will be called “Navarre Traffic Watch”. Lots of red tape approvals before this becomes a reality.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:Gulf Coast Discovery Center
Kenny Wilder wrote:Navarre Traffic Watch HD 1080 Cam
Fantastic ideas.

The placement of the center where it would be is a much better use of that space than another mega apartment development that was the last rumor.

Nice.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Wow - More Cams! That's quite an ambitious undertaking! Hope it works out smoothly! I can see how it would be quite beneficial not only to tourists and locals but to law enforcement.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 05, 2018 8:35 am

"Big Brother" is watching!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH MARINE PARK”