George H.W. Bush

This is the place where you comment about politics and news that does not relate to the Navarre Beach Greater Area. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, taunting, sexually-oriented, spam, religious attack or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 am

The last of the "Gentlemen" in American politics has passed.
Attachments
47349461_10155804668942093_8210257468693938176_o.jpg
47349461_10155804668942093_8210257468693938176_o.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 137 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 pm

RIP George H. W. Bush
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Good man. God bless his family.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am

Several observations of the Bush funerals and services over the last couple of days starting with Vice President Pence's speech day before yesterday. Wow! He is a good and decent man, a Christian man and is so sincere. He also writes a very good speech or helps to anyway.

Secondly, yesterday's eulogy by George was very moving. A son to his dad. Not sure I could have done it.

Thirdly, I thought is stunning yet so very predictable that Hillary Clinton would act as she did. The evil, despicable woman cannot put her hate, bitterness and anger away for even an hour. I so wish those two people would take their millions and go away for ever.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:13 am

A personal reflection:

A good and decent gentleman indeed! As a young admin assistant aka executive secretary in Houston's "oil patch" in the 60's, I had many work-related encounters with Mr. GHW Bush. He always conducted himself as a gentleman and a professional, remembering our names and addressing us with respect. Needless to say, after he started running for various offices, when it came time to vote, because I had personal knowledge of the content of his character, I always voted for him, as well! I confess I've shed many tears the last few days and a few months ago when his sweetheart Barbara passed, too.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Linda
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 am

We were out of the country and did not see all the details of the funeral but will catch up on video. My husband was honored to serve under both Dad and Son Bush. Good to the core folks. Compassionate conservatism.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 am

AG...you're famous!!!! :)

I bet it was a wonderful experience working with him.

Although chances are the Clinton and Obama funerals are a long ways off, it will be interesting to see how they are portrayed. You can bank on the military keeping it at a minimum (only what they are mandated to do) since both of them did not serve and were not and continue to still be very anti-military.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:59 am

LOL, well hardly famous but the good Lord has certainly blessed me by putting me in some of the right places at the right times but I didn't actually work directly with him except to set appointments, exchange pleasantries and see him into my boss's offices. I can only remember seeing Mr Bush perturbed one time and that was in dealing w/one of my bosses who was noted for his profuse profanity. (Like my dad who was also a WWII veteran, Mr. Bush didn't approve of that kind of language in the presence of ladies!)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to ““We the People” ~ National Politics, National News, World News and Humor”