Why Is the Live HD 1080 Zoom Cam Sometimes Blurred?

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Why Is the Live HD 1080 Zoom Cam Sometimes Blurred?

The Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Zoom Cam is located on the 15th floor of the Belle Mer condo about one mile east of the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier. The Cam is mounted on the balcony's outside metal railing. When it is very windy you will notice the warning flags flying in the wind from the Cam images?

When it's very windy several things happen. 1) Strong winds vibrate the Cam mounted on the metal railing, which certainly effects the Cam’s focusing to appear as blurred. 2) Being that Florida is in a hurricane zone the high-rise condos have to meet code where the condos are designed to sway with strong winds. The higher the elevation the stronger the winds resulting in the condo swaying more as is the case with the Belle Mer condo on the 15th floor where the Cam is mounted on the balcony’s railing.

These (2) two contributing wind factors together cause greater vibration to the Cam resulting in the streaming images being blurred or out of focus.

DONATE FOR THE NBL CAMS TODAY!
http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/please-donate/
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:49 pm

... and don't forget rain.

Right now, NW Florida is suffering from the same storm that dumped 7 to 14" of rain in my area this last few days and it sure as heck is blurring the "blowing in the wind" camera image.

The good weather news is that we are in the sunshine here in North Texas today. Mid week sometime and you'll all be back in the nice weather again.

8)
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Mfox20

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:50 am

Other than early morning east views and late afternoon west views the last couple of days, the beachcam has remained out of focus. Just wondering what's going on. Weather had not looked that bad.

Thanks,
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Mfox20 wrote:Other than early morning east views and late afternoon west views the last couple of days, the beachcam has remained out of focus. Just wondering what's going on. Weather had not looked that bad.

Thanks,
Foxy, it is the weather ... I just looked at the current radar on my WAPP and there are heavy showers in the area all along the NW FL coastal area, going as far inland as my old stomping grounds! LOL

Yep, and the timeline meshes with what I saw on the slider views of the Beachcam. So, it is the weather ... hang around, it'll change in a few hours or maybe minutes! ;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Carl H

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Angel, without rains or wind there has still been no focus with the zoom cam. At first I thought it was weather too, but I do not think that is the case now. It is not bad here at all right now.
re: out of focus. For the past couple of days, I have tried to look at the waves, but zoom cam seems unable to 'lock in' a focus. Other than this recent issue, I look at that camera's view almost every day.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Carl H wrote:Angel, without rains or wind there has still been no focus with the zoom cam. At first I thought it was weather too, but I do not think that is the case now. It is not bad here at all right now.
re: out of focus. For the past couple of days, I have tried to look at the waves, but zoom cam seems unable to 'lock in' a focus. Other than this recent issue, I look at that camera's view almost every day.
Hmmm ... I'll get a message to the admin. Any time you guys do see something like that, you can click on "contact administrator" since that goes directly to Kenny. But I'll text him just in case.

Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

A few minutes later ~
Just got a reply to my text ...
UPDATE - OK, Kenny is on the case!
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:05 pm

OK, guys, Kenny got the zoomcam back in focus!! Yes!!
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:57 am

Zoom Cam doesn't seem to be transmitting a live image ... the problem has been reported.
AngelGirl

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”