Tonight’s Full Moon at Navarre Beach

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Tonight’s Full Moon at Navarre Beach
20150829_20-02-48.jpg
20150829_20-02-48.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Photo from the Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Zoom Cam
You can watch the Live Cam by Clicking on the link below:

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/live-hd-1080-zoom-cam/

Being that my Cam is designed for daylight hours for HD 1080 resolution it will not capture high resolution because of the darkness. During nighttime the Cam switches to infrared mode in order to see any detail. Check back in the morning about 6:00 am for the Moonset. Before I retire for the evening I will lock the Cam view at the western end of the beach so you can see the moonset in the morning about 6:00 am.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:26 pm

20150829_20-58-34.jpg
20150829_20-58-34.jpg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
My last capture of the Full Moon tonight from the Zoom Cam before I lock the view for the western end of the beach for the moonset in the morning about 6:00 am. Actually the Moon is no longer visible tonight but its reflection on the Gulf is.

Now folks its dark outside and the Zoom Cam's resolution quality is NOT going to be anywhere close to daytime viewing. If it were not for the Cam automatically turning on the infrared function you would not be able to see hardly anything. And the nighttime viewing is not like daytime…there will be a lot of noise (grain) in the images.

AXIS has recently offered a new Cam that has better quality for both daytime and nighttime infrared viewing. It also has Vibration Reduction that would be an enormous feature to reduce the shaking of the Cam during strong winds. But this Cam would cost me over $5,000.00 plus installation. So for now we will have to be happy with what we have. However, we get 10 readers of this forum to donate $500.00 each I will order this Cam.

Anyway, how many people actually watch the Zoom Cam at night? I know exactly how many and it’s less than 1% of all viewers. With a better nighttime resolution that percentage would greatly increase.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:23 am

these are so beautiful Kenny.

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”