What Is the HD 1080 Zoom Cam Play Time Average?

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun May 10, 2015 6:25 pm

What Is the HD Zoom Cam Play Time Average?
20150510_18-21-08.jpg
20150510_18-21-08.jpg (227.54 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
Snapshot From the HD 1080 Zoom Cam Less than 5 Minutes Ago. The large shadow is from the Navarre Towers

Thousands of folks are viewing everyday the Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Zoom Cam. Do you know what the play time average is for each viewer over the past 7 days? It’s 4 Minutes and 59 Seconds. That's almost 5 Minutes. This includes the 12 tour stations of the Cam, which is 30 Seconds each. Is that awesome, or what?

Do you know what the play time average is for other worldwide webcams? It’s less than 30 seconds.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue May 12, 2015 8:06 am

Kenny - don't know about other's - but I would be happy (in fact happier) with 15-20 seconds per station, vs. current 30-seconds.
Like to check out the beach - but don't always have 6 minutes to check all 12 views. 3-4 minutes total timje better (for me)?
(may also cut broadband costs as can survey all 12 views in half the time?)
Just a thought.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu May 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Pete wrote:Kenny - don't know about other's - but I would be happy (in fact happier) with 15-20 seconds per station, vs. current 30-seconds.
Like to check out the beach - but don't always have 6 minutes to check all 12 views. 3-4 minutes total timje better (for me)?
(may also cut broadband costs as can survey all 12 views in half the time?)
Just a thought.
Pete,

I appreciate and respect your opinion that you feel that you do not always have 6 minutes to check all 12 viewing stations. The 00:04:59 (4 minutes – 59 seconds) on that particular day was the average individual viewer time watching the HD Zoom Cam. I have it set that after viewing the Cam for 10 minutes the Cam’s Player stops. A viewer can restart the Player by refreshing their internet browser whereby the Player's timer starts all over again. We have viewers that watch the Cam for a few minutes, 5 minutes and up to 10 minutes. It appears that the average viewer's player time is about 5 minutes.

Here are the Average Viewer's Player Times of Hours – Minutes – Seconds for the last 3 days:

Monday, May 11
00:04:50

Tuesday, May 12
00:05:43

Wednesday, May 13

00:04:54

Today’s Total Time of the 12 Station Tour from My Stop-Watch
00:06:18 (About 6 Minutes)

Last June 2014 when I purchased the new HD 1080 Zoom Cam I spent extensive time researching how many viewing stations and how long each viewing station should last in seconds. I knew that the old Cam set at 20 seconds was way too short. I really wanted each station to last 45 seconds, but after more research I felt that this was too long. It seemed that the magical time for each viewing station should be 30 seconds, which is the current viewing time for each station since June 2014.

Actually, your comment that conveys that if the 12 viewing stations were 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds it would cut my cost of bandwidth. That is not case here, because if I had less seconds for each station it would cause a huge spike in my streaming video bandwidth. When the camera’s stations advance to the next station this huge spike would be more costly. Being a distributor for over 20 years that sells internet connectivity (bandwidth) to streaming video service providers I know what I’m talking about. It’s the big spikes that are very costly.

My streaming video service provider has been so impressed with my Cam’s player averaging about 5 minutes per viewer with each station timed at 30 seconds that they are recommending to all their clients to set each station at 30 seconds no matter how many stations they use.

Remember my Cam winning an award last September 2014 for having one of the top Cams in the world. There was a reason for receiving that award. A lot of work and attention to detail was an important part in bringing my Navarre Beach Cam to the world.

So there would have to be some huge compelling evidence for me to change the 30 second timer either up or down. Next time you view the HD 1080 Zoom Cam just sit back with a nice beverage and enjoy the next 6 minutes.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri May 15, 2015 8:51 am

:D :D :D Understood, Thanks!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri May 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Pete wrote::D :D :D Understood, Thanks!
Pete,

Thanks for your last comment. My response was not just directed towards you only. Many folks via PM, emails and face to face conversations here in Navarre expressed your same concern. Next time this concern comes up we can direct folks to this Topic.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Floridawant2B

Sat May 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Kenny,
That is so awesome about the folks who stay and watch it for so long. I love watching it too! Gives me a chance to see paradise when ever I want. Thanks so much!

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”