HD ZOOM CAM Internet Service Provider Outage Update

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 am

The HD ZOOM CAM stopped working yesterday because of an internet outage at the Belle Mer condo on the beach where the HD Zoom Cam is located on the 15th floor. Network Communications the internet service provider for the Belle Mer is located in Pensacola where they shoot high-speed internet radio beam from their tower to a dish receiver on top of the 16 story roof of the Belle Mer.

According to my Live Real Time Data report from my streaming video service provider in Arizona the internet connection stopped at about noon yesterday. I called Mark the maintenance supervisor at the Belle Mer this morning and he said that Network Communications is in the process of changing out the receiver on top of the roof at Belle Mer today.

I use Network Communications because they provide me with adequate internet bandwidth to drive the streaming video for the HD Zoom Cam. I currently have 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps Upload, which is more than adequate. In order to have adequate bandwidth speed for streaming video you need a minimum of 2 Mbps Upload. In the streaming video world 100 Mbps or higher is not the important factor. It’s the Upload factor.

Operating a HD Streaming Video Cam can cost thousands of dollars monthly. This is a separate monthly cost from the internet service provider. As mentioned above my streaming video service provider is in Arizona. I did a lot of research to find them. They are great. Then there is the separate monthly cost for hosting the NBL website.

Now you know why nobody else has a HD Streaming Video Cam in northwest Florida. It takes deep pockets to afford the monthly costs and these high quality HD Cams are very expensive, too. It also requires that the owner and operator of the Cam to be a little crazy. I seem to meet this critical criteria.

Thanks to the 24 people that have donated money since last June when the HD Zoom Cam went live to help in the operational monthly costs of the HD Zoom Cam.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 am

UPDATE

The equipment is still being repaired on the top of the roof at the 16 story Belle Mer condo by Network Communications, the internet service provider for the building. this work is very difficult and dangerous for the workers. I have to go walk my 5 dogs outside this morning and Dale and I will feed them. Then I will make a trip out to the Belle Mer this morning to assess the progress of restoring the internet service. Once the service is restored the HD ZOOM CAM will be operational again.

Later this morning I will provide another update.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for the update, Kenny, and take care!! Hope this bitter cold front waits awhile to get to you guys. It's awfully chilly here in the D/FW Metroplex (19º windchill and falling) and the winds are VERY brisk!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:07 am

UPDATE

I have not made it out to Belle Mer yet, because we have invited a dear couple to breakfast this morning at Alphy's. The couple own a condo unit at the Belle Mer. We have known our friends since 2003. Anyway, I will go out to the Belle Mer later. Copied below is an email that went out yesterday by the Belle Mer Management to the Belle Mer Owners:

Hello Belle Mer Owners,

I wanted everyone to know that we are aware of the internet outages in the building. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you and your guests. Be assured we are trying to solve it as quickly as possible. The issues were caused by an antenna and equipment on the roof that blew off and shattered during the last wind storm. The broken equipment caused other equipment to short out due to the rain that followed. Network Communications has been working on the issue since the weekend. Until the new equipment is in place and all areas tested, the network will continue to experience outages.

As soon as the system is back up and confirmed working, I will notify you. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the problem.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 am

thank you Kenny for the update.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:12 pm

UPDATE

The Tech at Network Communications was at Belle Mer today and called me 2 hours ago and said he was having a problem connecting to the camera via their internet at my friend’s condo unit. I told him I would come over and check all the communications. Once I arrived I disconnected the power source to the camera, disconnected and unplugged router the Ethernet cable and other pertinent connections.

The Tech call their chief engineer and they tried to access the camera. I kept telling them that they must have a configuration problem with the new equipment that they installed yesterday. The chief engineer finally agreed with me. He wants me to email him the camera’s IP Address and Ports so he can try to fix the problem remotely from his computer.

It might be tomorrow before Network Communications figures out the correct configuration. It’s now in their ball park.

And you folks thought managing the monthly operation and maintenance of a HD CAM was a piece of cake.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Lagunatic
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:39 pm

My download speed is 5.51 MBPS
My upload speed is 1.15 MBPS
Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

UPDATE

Actually a forum reader’s internet down speed or upload speed has nothing to do with the internet outage that effected all the 61 condo units at the Belle Mer. All of the units except for the unit where I have the HD ZOOM CAM have had their internet restored yesterday. I have the only business class internet connection in the building and somebody at Network Communications, the internet service provider dropped the ball did not configure everything correctly, which was apparent to me this afternoon. Things do happen in the world of technology.

Anyway, the main problem has been identified. The issue here is one of firewalls and port forwarding. Also, Network Communications installed an upgrade Monday and did not inform me. This caused my ports to be blocked. Now that we know the problem it should allow Network Communications to make the necessary changes. They can perform this remotely from their computer.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved tonight so you folks can view the sunrise in the morning. Thanks for your patience.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:33 am

UPDATE

Last night at 7:42 PM with the help of the chief engineer at Network Communications, the internet service provider completed the correct configurations and all of its diagnostic tests. The Navarre Beach Live HD Zoom Cam is running again as expected. Enjoy the sunrise this morning.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:36 am

20150108_06-28-41.jpg
20150108_06-28-41.jpg (888.92 KiB) Viewed 4353 times
This Morning's Sunrise from the Navarre Beach Live HD Zoom Cam
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 am

PRAISE THE LORD! What a beautiful sight!!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:UPDATE

Last night at 7:42 PM with the help of the chief engineer at Network Communications, the internet service provider completed the correct configurations and all of its diagnostic tests. The Navarre Beach Live HD Zoom Cam is running again as expected. Enjoy the sunrise this morning.
Ah yes, Technical competence....

It is indeed working just fine this morning.

Thanks to all for the hard work. 8)
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 am

thank you Kenny! the water is so beautiful today.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you Kenny!

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”