Observations from the New HD Zoom Cam

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:00 am

Thanks for the update --- I thought it was just my ISP. It fluctuates a lot!! I can run a speed test one minute and wait a little while, run it again and get an entirely different reading!! :?
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:50 am

AngelGirl wrote:Thanks for the update --- I thought it was just my ISP. It fluctuates a lot!! I can run a speed test one minute and wait a little while, run it again and get an entirely different reading!! :?
Me too.

My cell phone (4G AT&T) is actually much faster at 17Mbp/sec than my basic broadband. If only I could tether my home network to my cell phone on an unlimited data plan... :wink: :wink: :wink:

According to our local cable provider, I am "too far" from the cable access point for anything faster. That's just not true as I should be able to get about twice the wired speeds they want to sell with the background noise levels and other metrics from my router diagnostics page.

When Kenny had the HD web cam up initially, I could see it over my cell phone perfectly, but something changed and I couldn't see it there after that. It's really jerky at home (see above), and at work (we are our own ISP and I have nearly unlimited bandwidth as the wiring closet to the fiber that goes over to the access point is two rooms away from me, and get almost perfect TV pictures there.

I'd much rather actually be there on the beach, even in tourist season, but then only a few years to go...

These days, we need to think carefully about internet access speeds as much as electricity and water costs when we buy a home!!!
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Nidrah

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

Question - The Pensacola Beach Air show is this week. (The 12th, I think) I know the Blue Angels are featured. Can you see them from Navarre beach?

If you can see them from Navarre beach...can the camera?
lefam1992

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 pm

if there is, then it should be with the last view on the western side (I called the western zoom view), however the jet might be too fast for the camera.

The other day I saw a typical banner-carry-airplane that flew over the beach. initially, I thought someone was swimming, but it doesn't make sense as the object move quite fast (it was the normal western view before the western zoom view), then I realize it was the airplane.

I should have capture and post it in "Who will be the first?" thread.

Tony
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:44 pm

HOORAY! The HD CAM IS BACK STREAMING LIVE!!! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!

WOW - what a crowd near the pier!!
7-8-14OnTheNB.JPG
7-8-14OnTheNB.JPG (176.21 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:06 pm

This outage problem with the HD Zoom Camera should have been rectified when I called my streaming video hosting provider on Sunday and entered a trouble ticket. On Sunday, Monday and this morning I sent numerous email follow-ups. My provider’s CEO called me about noon today and apologized for the outage. While we were talking he had his top engineer fix the problem about 5 minutes later.

It seems that the problem was with my hosting provider’s platform this past weekend for Flash Streaming Video for desktop computers and HTML5 Streaming Video for mobile devices such as cell phones, iPad and other devises. Anyway, both problems have been resolved.

The CEO of my hosting provider asks that I copy him the next time I enter a trouble ticket. So LIFE is back to normal again at Paradise with the HD Zoom Camera. Thanks for your patience.

I have made a few minor changes to enhance the quality on the Zoom Camera's IP Network. Maintaining a streaming video web camera is a constant task, but I'm ok with this.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
lefam1992

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm

ah, that's explain why few times this morning, I got black screen. I thought it was either my laptop or my broadband connection. thx for sharing

Tony
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

This morning’s live snapshot of the Navarre Beach HD Zoom Camera
20140709_08-47-41.jpg
20140709_08-47-41.jpg (207.76 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
To view the live Beach Camera click on the link below.

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/page.php?p=zoom
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
florida dreamer

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 pm

I love the new camera views but it is killing me to watch and not being there right now. There is something about being on the beach that just makes you forget about everything back home. So relaxing until you have to start home and leave Paradise.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I have some good news florida dreamer, there is a solution to your dilemma. Move to the Navarre Beach Area.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:Move to the Navarre Beach Area.
I'll hold him down, if you want to beat him into submission! 8)

I have about 5 years to go before I can even think of a full time move... Remember - the Powerball drawings are not a viable retirement plan... :cry:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 am

Today's Snapshot of the Live View from the Navarre Beach HD Zoom Camera
20140716_11-01-08.jpg
20140716_11-01-08.jpg (213.58 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
My NavarreBeachLife.com Zoom Camera has an 18x optical zoom with autofocus, in combination with the HDTV 1080p resolution, provides detailed zoomed-in views. The camera’s very light sensitive image sensor enables it to provide high quality video in low light situations. At night, its day/night functionality allows it to make use of infrared light from available light sources to produce high quality black and white video. Try viewing tonight the Zoom Camera. I love watching people at night playing along the surf with their flashlights beaming.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:48 am

It is just a brilliant picture and yes, I have seen folks with their flashlights looking for crabs and such. Absolutely wonderful.
florida dreamer

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Kenny when I was in the 11th grade a friend of mine and me were going to move to Florida. I got married and ruined those plans. Believe me I would move there if I could. Husband don't like the sand.

If only I could win the lottery then I could buy a house there and come all the time.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm

The new name for the Zoom Camera is a follows:

NavarreBeachLife.com 24/7 HD 1080 Zoom Camera

I promise this will be the final name change…well maybe. LOL
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”