Observations from the New HD Zoom Cam

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
Garrison

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 am

About a week or so ago, not long after the junegrass had cleared out, I was watching this about 6AM and saw a very large ray traversing parallel to the shore just a few feet out. Such a beautiful view! 13 more days, can't wait!!!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:31 am

Garrison...are you sure it was a ray? I ask because many times these schools of catfish (very tightly knitted group) will come by in very shallow water. They are very dark, relatively speaking and they look like a ray but go very very slowly.
Garrison

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm 100% certain! The cam was zoomed down to the beach-- at first I thought it was a flounder --but I am positive it was a ray! Having caught all three from the shore and the pier I was certain after it zoomed in.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Cool! See if you can capture it next time and post. You might be the first to post a Ray. You do realize that you would be competing with, The Kid and the Double AA possibly AAA, Tony. :lol:
Garrison

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:52 pm

I'll do my best; I'd prefer to capture the real thing but I must, unfortunately, wait another 12 or 13 days!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:37 am

Been watching the tractor tow the rake thing (I don't know what it's really called) back and forwards up and down the beach, smoothing out the sand.

This morning the beach looks dreary and cool with no tourists out. They must all be scared of a little passing rain ("We are all made of sugar and will melt"), or still hung over from the weekend.

Rain looks to be past for the next few hours too... Should be a better day latter on.

8) 8) 8)

EDIT: Ten minutes latter and I see a couple of people walking along the waters edge (shelling?) and a couple out at the east end probably setting up umbrellas. The place is ALIVE!!!
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 am

I have on many a day, very very early 5:00 a.m. ish, when it has been either raining or drizzling (no lightening of course, except way out to sea), gone over on a crosswalk (western boring end) and sat on the top step with my umbrella and a cup of coffee and just watched and listened to how wonderful that sounds and looks, when absolutely no one is around but me and God and the elements. It is really cool when the sea is rather calm during those periods. Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a wee bit of rain down there, vacation or not.

And by the way, for those of you who may be reading this and are down Navarre or Pensacola way right now, if it rains today or any day this week, get in the car and drive down to Pensacola and go to the Naval Air Museum. Spend 5-6 hours (you spend quadruple that easily) and take it all in. Wonderful place. Then, go over to Pegleg Pete's On PBeach and have lunch. Hey, it is already the start of a good day, right....albeit, raining. :D
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 am

bjrichus wrote:Been watching the tractor tow the rake thing (I don't know what it's really called) back and forwards up and down the beach, smoothing out the sand. ...
It's fun to watch! 8) I dunno what they call it at NB but when we had a business on the beach on the East side of FL, they were called "sand groomers"! (My hubby is the "king of trivia" so I pay attention to that kind of stuff!!!) :lol:

http://www.beachapedia.org/Beach_Grooming
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
mfhurst

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 am

From the cam, i noticed that the flags have been red and purple all weekend, Why are the purple flags up? Jellyfish, sharks, etc.???
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 am

A pod of Great White Sharks have been spotted patrolling the beach! :shock:

Just kidding! No Great Whites. Probably Jellyfish, if I had to make an educated guess. I seriously doubt there has ever been a purple flag for sharks on Navarre Beach.
mfhurst

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

I figured Jellyfish, that is normally the issue when we have been at Navarre. I don't normally get in the water a whole lot, so I normally don't care and I am the one hoping JAWS will show up so I can get pics of him, LOL. I just love to sit, drink, watch people and enjoy the breeze and the view... Be there in September, CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

We have been going to Navarre for over 20 years, now we go as empty nesters just the hubby and I...
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 am

September is a lovely time to be in Navarre. People are pretty much gone, kids are in school, fish are still biting, tons of stuff to still do, water is wonderful, seafood is plentiful. The only think is, not as much people watching but hey, watch the water and go to the pier and watch the water. That is a better show anyway.
mfhurst

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:37 am

Nothing like a beach to yourself with a good book. Looking forward to it. We may even do a little condo shopping.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 am

Hey there is an idea.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:24 pm

mfhurst wrote:Nothing like a beach to yourself with a good book. Looking forward to it. We may even do a little condo shopping.
My realtor contacts (well one anyway), has been jumping up and down this last week as two good purchases have been on the market. All gone now.

You really do have to BE there (to act quickly), SEE them (so you don't buy a lemon), and have CASH (or at least a decent down payment) WAITING. We are NOT down there, so can't SEE them and it would take a couple of days for us to get anything like the CASH needed, organized.

We are actually planning on this for a few years away... A larger down payment (more than 50% if possible) is always a better plan.

:( :( :( :( :(

One of the two places would have been ideal for us to go live in full time right now. Just have this little problem of another five years of work to do first before I can retire. Perhaps my forward thinking, progressive employer would let me work remotely full time? Oh, what was that?

"NO"

Oh well.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”