Observations from the New HD Zoom Cam

Here you can comment about the (2) Cams, Post Images from Print Screens and report Cam issues. Comments and Images about both Cams should be posted HERE!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 pm

A couple of observations from our new video cam....

1. lots of wasps/yellowjackets around the base of the camera.
2. a northernly wind has kicked in and calmed the Gulf to a lake.
3. also, you can see the schools of bait fish and the bigger game chasing them.

very cool!
Sandstomper

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Further observation, as you know P'Kid, I'm in Paradise this week and I got my big behind out of my beach chair and walked down to the Belle Mer from the Pier yesterday to pay homage to the new HD NSA WILDER ZOOM CAM.

What struck me is that it is quite a distance from the Pier, it is a small rectangular box with a fisheye looking lens mounted 2 floors or so from the top of BM. That is one POWERFUL piece of technology!

Also, I haven't walked West in a while and was shocked at the solid line and rows of rental beach chairs and umbrellas. Sadly, reminded me of my condo ownership days in Destin.

Today as you observed is as calm as a swimming pool with dolphins playing at the end of the Pier!
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 pm

I know that, Thou shall not covet thy neighbors presence in earthly paradise but dadgummit...I surely do! Very jealous of you my friend!
rexy

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 am

In the first few days I noticed a woman walking a large dog in the surf, is that not a no,no.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 am

I do believe it is illegal to have dogs on Navarre Beach. As much as I adore dogs and frankly if everyone would actually pick up after their dog, I would not mind seeing pups a splashin' around but we know that there are many people who will NOT pick up after their dog and we don't want or need doggy doodie floating amongst us!!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Yes, according to the SRC Animal Services Ordinance #2004, Section 12, Subsection 2, it is.

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... 15&t=10035

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Did anyone else watch the fireworks on the beach tonight on the cam? Not much color at night but lots of FLASH!

;)
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:37 am

Images from last night ~
7-3-14 fireworks.JPG
7-3-14 fireworks.JPG (90.54 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
7-3-14 more fireworks.JPG
7-3-14 more fireworks.JPG (51.3 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 am

Nope....saw a bunch of flashlights but no fireworks.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 am

Last night I saw an occasional fireworks display at various locations on the beach watching the Zoom Camera on my large TV.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:59 am

I do have a question for Kenny. Why is it that in some shots/views, the picture seems to stop start stop start and other views it is smooth sailing and you can see someone walking along the beach with absolutely no hesitation or stopping and starting?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:49 am

Desktop Computer Explanation: This is a high quality streaming video HD 1080 Web Camera at 30 frames per second. Therefore, it requires a very high-speed internet connection for there to be no interruptions. Consider increasing your internet speed with you ISP like I did. A speed test from http://www.speedtest.net will determine your internet speed for Download and Upload. My desktop computer average internet speed is about 95 Mbps Download and 13 Mbps Upload. But, most of you will not require speeds this high. Streaming Video’s most important factor to consider is the Upload Speed. The best Upload speed should be 2 Mbps to 4 Mbps or higher with your ISP or a WIFI connection. Most cable providers and providers such as U-verse should be able obtain these speeds.

Desktop Solution: I could lower the HD 1080 quality factor to help folks with low internet speed, but the sharpness and color of the streaming video would be greatly impacted. By doing this it would defeat the whole purpose of bringing to you folks a high quality HD 1080 Zoom Camera. At this point I’m not willing to compromise the quality viewing of my new Zoom Camera. If you experience a freeze-up click on refresh.

Mobile Devises: Most mobile devises such as cell phones and iPads can obtain good streaming video of the new HD 1080 Zoom Camera as long as you have a 4G devise or WIFI connection with adequate speed. Otherwise, the Camera will freeze up and you will need to click refresh from time to time.

Other Consideration: Remember, the HD 1080 Zoom Camera sends its streaming video data from the internet modem/router at the Belle Mer condo to my Internet Service Provider in Pensacola, then to my streaming video hosting service provider in California, and then to your internet connection. If there is any slight interference during this transition it might cause a slight pause occasionally, but nothing substantial should occur if you have adequate internet Upload Speed.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you very much for the explanation, Kenny. I understand now.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:24 pm

You're welcome PensacolaKid. I apologize for not explaining this already about the new HD 1080 Zoom Camera so that you and the other forum members would know what internet speeds are needed to obtain the best viewable streaming video of the beach scenes. If some of you folks do not have the internet speeds that I have recommended, they can still enjoy the new Zoom Camera. It might stop and go occasionally where you will need to click refresh on your browser.

If you or anybody else have any additional questions about the new Zoom Camera please let me know.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 am

Update on HD Zoom Camera

Yesterday I talked with the chief engineer of technical support of my streaming video hosting provider of my HD Zoom Camera. The problem with no video started Sunday morning with mobile devises. Then this yesterday the video went down for desktop computers. The engineer told me that they were working on the interruption and that the problem might be corrupted data. He said that this problem is widespread on their network. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved today.

I wanted all of you folks to know that we are working on restoring the streaming video of the HD Zoom Camera.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Beach Live HD 1080 Cam & Navarre Traffic Watch Cam HD 1080 Cam”