REPORT SPAMMERS HERE

Announcements about the "Leave no Trace" Ordinance, fireworks laws, public beach walkovers, how to post your photos, videos and other information.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:33 pm

AngelGirl wrote:Spammer "ghhtty" has been banned and posts deleted.
It's the off season for them.

Must be bored?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
BeachTeach

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:32 am

I know that this probably isn't the right place to post this, but not sure where else to do it.

As a local to this community, but rarely here due to both my husbands and I occupation, we find this site a creditable source to "keep it touch".

Thanks Kenny for creating and continuing this site.

TD
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 am

Haven't had to post in this topic for a while...

User: bellH was removed this morning for posting an embedded link to a spam site in a reply. The topic was about door to door sales and unlike many of them, the grammar and spelling was much better and the text a little bit longer than the usual one sentence they think we are silly enough to click on.

The embedded link went to a site that is on the anti-virus vendors black lists as a source of "malware" (as it is called).
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 am

We had another one overnight (just letting you all know), and our Angel Girl removed the post and user about an hour before the time of THIS message. She is up and about that much before me most working days as HER husband needs as much of a push as I do in the morning!

8)
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:16 pm

bjrichus wrote: ... She is up and about that much before me most working days as HER husband needs as much of a push as I do in the morning!

8)
Now, that's FUNNY! Actually, he's up before me MANY mornings ~~~ I just happened to be up early yesterday and online. Sometimes it just works out that way! :roll: BTW, I'm the one needing the push most days!

But somehow between the two of us moderators and the admin, somebody is gonna catch 'em ... besides then we have a good excuse to view the zoom cam at sunrise!! ;) It's a tough job but somebody has to do it, huh? 8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 pm

On Wednesday morning about 3:00 AM I could not sleep, which is very unusual - I'm a very hard sleeper. So I turned on my night light and read my Bible for a few minutes when something impressed upon me to check on the forum. Well, we had a spammer that had posted 146 Topics and before I could go to my forum administrator panel the spammer had posted about 5 more Topics. This guy was really fast, but I was faster. Each Topic included dozens of hyper-links for videos.

All of the spammer's Topics were removed, the Spammer's username and IP Address were removed from the forum. I traced the IP Address to Utah.

Where were our two Moderators when we needed them? Just kidding...you guys perform a great service for the forum. Thank you for your dedication in looking out for the forum.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:All of the spammer's Topics were removed, the Spammer's username and IP Address were removed from the forum. I traced the IP Address to Utah.
Utah?

Someone bouncing off the LDS web servers, huh? If they are that fast, then it's a robot script, doing automatic posts, not a person.

Either that, or he had all his "wives" doing posts for him... :oops:

I could never have more than one wife at a time. When I was a single lad, I remember having two girl friends at once and it was a NIGHTMARE juggling dates with them like that! Now at my age, I don't think I have the energy for it.... Oh my aching back... :mrgreen:
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Would you please quit bragging. Anyway, have a bloody good weekend ole chap.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:Would you please quit bragging. Anyway, have a bloody good weekend ole chap.
Ye-Haw.... It's a bit nippy up here in North Texas. We need to get all wrapped up warm... Take care of yourself (and Dale)...
Attachments
10351524_10152897606866214_8410529393050215156_n.jpg
10351524_10152897606866214_8410529393050215156_n.jpg (23.13 KiB) Viewed 7828 times
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Well thanks to all 3 of you for keeping this forum protected from spammers. It takes a team! Your dedication is much appreciated!

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:39 pm

bjrichus wrote:
Kenny Wilder wrote:Would you please quit bragging. Anyway, have a bloody good weekend ole chap.
Ye-Haw.... It's a bit nippy up here in North Texas. We need to get all wrapped up warm... Take care of yourself (and Dale)...
Is this your brother from Mother Russia?
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Whoever he is, I think he's related to "Peggy"!!! LOL

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:
bjrichus wrote:
Is this your brother from Mother Russia?
Да это и он говорит вам лучше вести себя , как мы посылаем тяжелых бомбардировщиков над заливом в ближайшее время.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Excuse my relative, he doesn't know any English. 8)
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 am

Username Steven23 has been banned from the NBL FORUMS for Spam where the username advertised wedding events at Miami, FL.

The only businesses that are allowed to advertise on NBL FORUMS are businesses located in the Navarre Beach Area and beach condo and beach house rentals. All other business advertising will be considered as Spam and will be removed from the FORUMS. if you post Spam on the FORUMS you will be banned.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Beach Announcements”