BEACH FLAGS: What do the colors mean? INFO TO SAVE LIVES!!

Announcements about the "Leave no Trace" Ordinance, fireworks laws, public beach walkovers, how to post your photos, videos and other information.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:49 pm

BEFORE YOU COME TO THE BEACH ~

LEARN WHAT THE FLAGS MEAN:
https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/DocumentCe ... PDF?bidId=

REMEMBER THE SUNSCREEN and have a happy, safe and enjoyable vacation at Florida's Best Kept Secret!
beach safety.JPG
beach safety.JPG (139.61 KiB) Viewed 11212 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:43 am

This being a holiday weekend, I'm bumping this info up to the top!!

A.G.
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:30 am

Good idea. Be safe and have fun everybody.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Safety reminders and answers to safety questions. This is from the County website. For today's report go to:

http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/navarrebeach/

Dr. Peter Wernicki, a member of the American Red Cross Science Advisory Council talks about rip currents, what they are, how to avoid them, swim out of them, and how to spot them.

[video][/video]

Demonstration:

[video][/video]
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:24 am

Looks like a windy day on the beach!! Remember the safety rules ... AND observe them for you and the ones you love!

Today's flags are Red and Purple. Can anyone tell me what that means? Yes, this IS a test!!

8)
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Another season of senseless drownings ~ :(
AngelGirl

bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:20 pm

AngelGirl wrote:Another season of senseless drownings ~ :(
Last I read, this evening a body was discovered behind Caribbean Resort condo on the beach.

He was a regular swimmer off the beach too (Jay Evans, aged 64), according to Navarre Newspaper.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am

And this: Body found...

http://navarrepress.com/headlines/body- ... rre-beach/

When we were involved in renting a condo on the beach, we always ensured that the leaflets with the flags and what they meant were in the property. Note "leaflets" - plural. Several there on display all the time for renters to see and read.

As ever, you can often lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

If as it turns out this was a local who drowned, then while it pains me to say this, he really should have known better. Its not as if the flags and the dangers are a secret... :?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 am

bjrichus wrote:
Last I read, this evening a body was discovered behind Caribbean Resort condo on the beach.

He was a regular swimmer off the beach too (Jay Evans, aged 64), according to Navarre Newspaper.
Very sad. I haven't read - whst were the conditions at the time? Red Flag?
At age 64 - surf conditions vs. health issue?

(e.g, just read that Billy Sublet, who just resigned as a manager at Holley-Navarre Water and Sewer, died a few days later from a massive heart attack?)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Pete wrote:
bjrichus wrote:

Very sad. I haven't read - what were the conditions at the time? Red Flag?
At age 64 - surf conditions vs. health issue?

(e.g, just read that Billy Sublet, who just resigned as a manager at Holley-Navarre Water and Sewer, died a few days later from a massive heart attack?)
Yes, the conditions were "red flag" ... the saying is "red flag --- knee deep is too deep!" The article I read related that his family said he was an avid swimmer and would park somewhere in the area (I took it that they meant in the Nat'l Seashore area) and swim back and would call when he returned to his vehicle. When he didn't call and he didn't answer their calls, they alerted authorities. Very sad outcome. Our prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:39 am

Keeping this topic up top.
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:43 pm

The county has revamped their website so the link in the first post wasn't working ~ I just updated the link! It's a double red flag day!
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri May 31, 2019 11:02 am

Directory for the Navarre, FL Beach Department

https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/directory.aspx?did=16
AngelGirl

Return to “Navarre Beach Announcements”