USER CONTROL PANEL info

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 am

If you have noticed that the time in the date stamp is incorrect after you log-in to the site, it may be that on the "Summer Time/DST is in effect:" line you have "yes" checked in your personal "User Control Panel". Since DST is not the norm everywhere, this is left to the user to check manually.

Example:
NBLF - Standard Time settings.jpg
NBLF - Standard Time settings.jpg (92.03 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am

AngelGirl wrote:If you have noticed that the time in the date stamp is incorrect after you log-in to the site, it may be that on the "Summer Time/DST is in effect:"
A good reminder that these "older" BBS (bulletin board systems) don't auto update the DST settings for you.

I say "older" because I was admin on a similar system (older version of the same software) to that used here for NBL in the late 1980's. Things were a lot more basic back then. Who remembers ASCII/text and block graphics? :wink:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am

Dang, one more thing I need to try to remember when the D/S time changes! (still have many manual clocks/watches around house - seems it is a couple of days before a get them all).
Wish we just stayed on DST all the time - maybe I will, and just live in the future for a few months a year. :shock: :wink:
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Administrator Announcements”