Spell Check - test

Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

Don't see if there is a user control panel for spell check On or Off?
Typed a long reply elsewhere, and it seemed the spell check only worked intermittently.

Am trying some purposeful misspellings here, and it does seem to pick them up. Dunno???
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 am

Yea, spellcheck does not seem consistent.
Was posting replies this AM in the "politics" forum and spellcheck was definitely NOT working. After posting, was rereading and noted some missed misspellings.
Then went back to edit the posted misspellings and spellcheck did work, and is working in this post.
Hummm…….?????
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 am

Yes.

I noticed a spelling oopsie in one of your replies, but ignored it. Too trivial a thing to worry about.

I also wonder if spelling check is there at all.

These days it's usually browser based. For example, in Chrome I get a wavy red line under misspelled words and it's the browser doing that, not the forum software.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 am

Checking spellchick working now. It is. Just got the "wavy red line" under "spellchick". (no, didn't correct it) Also have noted, when working, there is auto correct, too. When spellcheck has not worked, it may be that I was quoting a previous post. Will try that.
Last edited by Pete on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 am

bjrichus wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 am
Yes.

I noticed a spelling oopsie in one of your replies, but ignored it. Too trivial a thing to worry about.

I also wonder if spelling check is there at all.

These days it's usually browser based. For example, in Chrome I get a wavy red line under misspelled words and it's the browser doing that, not the forum software.
Now trying spellchick after a quote. Nope. No wavy red line under "spellchick"? More, hummmm......??????
As to how/why? - way above my skills. 'Tis a puzzlement.

OK - now back doing an edit. Now when space after the misspelled words, do get the "wavy red line", and right click for spelling options. (Still didn't do the corrections).
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am

I think you're right, BJ, spellcheck is usually browser-based. I'm not finding it in this software but maybe I just don't know where to look.

ImageImage
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Administrator Announcements”