SpringHill Suites coming to Navarre Beach

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
HiTide

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 am

Yep it's happening, lots of equipment on site and they have been pushing sand around, looks like they were tying in a new water main and breaking up old concrete
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for the on-the-spot update, HiTide! :) Sounds like GOOD NEWS!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
HiTide

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:41 pm

we'll be back down this Friday, maybe I can get a few pictures for update
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 pm

HiTide wrote:we'll be back down this Friday, maybe I can get a few pictures for update
8) That would be great! Thanks, HiTide! You guys ROCK!!
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
dlhamann

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:40 am

I
Sandstomper wrote:P'Kid, maybe at the least they could dedicate a wall to some vintage photos of the old hotel. Hmmm, I wonder if that World Renowned Famous Navarre Photographer might have some photos that he could offer to sell the owners?????
I posted several pics of the beloved hotel on this board several years ago...I think they are on the photo board. My family lived an hour north and we often spent weekends here. I always felt like I was on a cruise ship there and we loved the restaurant and ice cream shop. And those big floating tricycles on the beach...and...oh......the lifeguards!!!! As a teen, I was smitten!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:47 am

dlh, are these the ones you mentioned in the post above?

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... 297#p35297

8)
AngelGirl

iowajake

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm

we spent a very enjoyable week (well, 5 days) in Navarre last week; stayed at the Navarre Towers, and had an excellent view of the hotel site. Does anyone have an idea of what the construction crew is doing there? It looked like there were vertical pipes (wife said logs) in the area, and then some of those were being pulled out of the ground, and set aside. Facinating stuff to watch. enjoyed Rocco's for dinner once, and Sailor's grill for breakfast. June grass wasthere, but tolerable to say the least. Son, wife and i walked the pier for first time...wife got motion sickness (very windy on thursday) so didn't venture far at all. No one was catching that afternoon while we were these, but sure enjoyed the view. can't wait to plan next trip. 4 years was way to long to be away!
HiTide

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Those would be old timber piling from the original foundation of the old Hotel
Charles73

Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:37 am

Wow, it is looking fabulous!! I am seeking such beautiful place for my wedding party. I just hired the best event planner nyc and she is making a list of most beautiful venues for me. Then I’ll shortlist a few venues and visit there to book the most suitable among them.

LINK EDITED TO REMOVE HYPERLINK. PLEASE OBEY FORUM RULES AND REGS.
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:18 pm

I know profit rules, but doesn't it seem ironic that most of the locals that have wanted the Holiday Inn back, won't be able to afford to stay even a nite ! Just stayed 3 nites in Daytona Beach. Great old school motel,$50/nite, right on the beach !
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 am

It is outlandish the prices that Springhill Suites will be charging to stay in a hotel on Navarre Beach. My guess is, people will be willing to spend that cash. Insanity in my opinion but to each his own. For a week's stay you could rent a condo for much less and even during the height of the season.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:47 am

PensacolaKid wrote:It is outlandish the prices that Springhill Suites will be charging to stay in a hotel on Navarre Beach. My guess is, people will be willing to spend that cash. Insanity in my opinion but to each his own. For a week's stay you could rent a condo for much less and even during the height of the season.
They may have to revise their prices, if history is any indication! :roll:
AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Seemingly the one on Pensacola Beach is booked solid throughout the summer.
rexy

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

They have planted some palm trees out front, so you can hook up a hammock for a few months.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 am

SpringHill Suites will forever be to me a place that used to be a very fine hotel with a lot of memories and now simply a lot of very expensive rooms for which I will wave to, as I drive right past to my house on the beach, on the west end.

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”