What Should the Name of the City be?

This is the place to post your information and opinions about Incorporating Navarre Beach and the Navarre Mainland as a City.

Navarre Beach
69%
Navarre
25%
Need More Information to Decide
6%

Total votes: 16
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun May 13, 2012 3:33 pm

If “We the People” of Navarre Beach and the Navarre Mainland decide to Incorporate what should the City be called. Should it be Navarre Beach or Navarre? What say you?
Last edited by Kenny Wilder on Mon May 14, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 am

My vote was for, Navarre, FL. That is where the main influx of commerce is, main roadways, main living areas, municipalities, Schools, etc. Plus, I personally don't want to bring anymore attention to, Navarre Beach than is necessary.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 am

I VOTED FOR THE CITY NAME...
...NAVARRE BEACH!

Basically for the same reason that the city of Fort Walton Beach is not Fort Walton. Just my opinion. What say you?
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 am

Well Kenny.... that is as good a reason as any, I suppose. Frankly, I am good with either but since the vast majority of infrastructure is on the mainland, that was my reasoning.
David
Power User
Power User

Thu May 17, 2012 1:06 pm

And Ft. Walton Beach has never had a beach. They are surrounded by the sound, the bay, and various bayous. Once you cross the Brooks Bridge you are on Okaloosa Island, not in Ft Walton Beach.

Our whole area has already become known as Navarre Beach. Promoting will always be a necessity especially if the incorporation is to support itself and if the area will support the high end restaurants and such that some seem to want for convenience. Promoting as Navarre Beach will be the lesser evil.

So, I vote "Navarre Beach".
David
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu May 17, 2012 1:25 pm

I don't understand something here.....85 views of this thread and only 8 votes? I'm thinking....if you are viewing it, why not vote it? What do you have to lose?
Katherine Kilpatrick

Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 am

I think that folks that live here, and have skin in the game might be waiting to see what the cost / benefits are.
Soundsider
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Sat May 19, 2012 11:23 am

I am not a permanent resident of Navarre....I will withhold voting.

~Jeff
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:13 am

Other coastal towns we've lived or visited had the same dilemma. Some of the populace were quite adamant that things remain the same and the "Beach" have a separate governing authority, etc. Others thought that since the area was known for its beach, why not call the entire town by that name since outsiders referred to it as such anyway. Some of the discussions got quite heated and, imo, rather ridiculous. Case in point was Ormond/Ormond Beach on the East Coast of Florida. :roll:

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Should the Navarre Beach Area Be Incorporated?”