New photostream on flickr.com

This ARCHIVES forum is where you may post your photos, images and videos of Navarre Beach and the surrounding area. It is o.k. to post your photos, images and videos on other forums, too. This forum is primarily for archiving by eventually moving older posts of photos, images and videos to this ARCHIVES forum.
Garrison

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 am

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60600750@ ... 609271312/

I apologize in advance to any NB purists for the P-Cola and Destin photos in the mix :)
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 am

How fun!!! 8) And thank you for sharing your good times and your precious family with us!!

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Garrison

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:23 pm

You're welcome; been home almost 4 days and it has been no less easy to cope with leaving! After we got home from spring break down there, the wife and I had decided that, if we were able to do so before school started in the fall (tomorrow lol), we were going to relocate to the Gulf, anywhere close. I actually had two job offers in Houston but just couldn't pull the trigger, so I guess I'll have to suffer through yet another polar vortex this year!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures...what great memories you and your family made! And yes, I feel your pain....takes me about a week or so to get over the sadness of our vacation in Navarre being over!

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

Garrison,

I look forward to viewing your photos and hey, Pcola and Destin are part of the whole experience, so that is cool! It says the photos are down right now and they are aware of the problem.

May I ask why you did not pull the trigger on the opportunities to live closer to the Gulf (in Houston, Texico). Was it because of the Texico part? :shock:

Here in Houston you are only 8 hours away from paradise. The housing market is the best in the nation, the pay scale is the best in the nation, two airports and four major sports teams (albeit they all suck). the Arts are secondly only to New York..believe it or not. Number one per capita for restaurants and also snow skiers...believe it or not.

As for our Gulf, 45 minutes away from Houston......get in your car and drive the 8 hours instead and be in paradise for a couple of days. That is what I do.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:40 am

Hey Garrison....great photos and boy just looking at them, makes me long to be there and do that stuff again. I am not sure you guys could pack anymore activities in that trip. What a great family you have and everyone just looks so dadgum happy. I have some questions for you.

1. Where were you eating with that enormous burger in your hands?
2. How much are the pontoon boat rentals in Destin?
3. What did you guys do with the King?
4. What pound test were you using on the pier for the Jack and King?
5. Was the baseball game pretty hot?
6. How depressed were you and kids when you guys pulled out of the condo parking lot going home?
7. How long did it take to get home? One day drive?

The smaller fish your son is holding on the second page is what I caught a bunch of...Lesser Amberjacks. Boy they were fun to catch. Gonna be eating my first two on Saturday night. I will report back what they taste like.
Garrison

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 am

Huge burger is "Tanner and the Unicorn" from Tucker Duke's Lunchbox in Valparaiso by Eglin. Saw lots of photos of their menu items over the last couple years and their chef had won an episode of "Cutthroat Kitchen," it was worth the drive. I had 80# power pro yellow braid with a kingfish rig for all my catches, Sam's rod has 60# Seaguar green braid and he alternated between king rig and treble hook on 50# mono leader. Gave my first king away, fried / grilled the rest. Pontoon depends on size and season but Luther's has base prices on their website. I learned a lesson at ball game; if you go early and your seats are on 1st base side, don't sit down yet if there is a north wind (trash smell). I have always tried to sit as close to the dugouts as possible; next time I'll probably listen to my wife and sit up higher or by the outfield to enjoy the breeze. This trip was the toughest to leave; nicest unit we have stayed in, no rain and perfect water for two weeks. I might be making a brief trip to Houston next week after all :) Takes us 13.5 hours overnight to get there, about 14.5 by day to get home.
Last edited by Garrison on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks Garrison. Come on down to Houston. No matter where you stay, look for either a Pappasito's Cantina or (my preference), a Lupe's Tortilla.

Both have excellent Mexican food.

BBQ...Goode Company

Return to “Archives: Photos, Videos and Print Screens ~ Navarre Beach Greater Area”