Renfroe's Pecan Meal

Let us know your favorite recipes while visiting the Navarre Beach Area. Your recipes can include seafood, other foods and beverages.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:51 am

You wanna taste something great? Google or go to the Renfroe's store across from Joe Patti's and pick yourself up a bag or two of Renfroe's Pecan Meal. Take a fillet of whatever, Snapper, Flounder as I did last Sunday and drizzle some EVOO over it, a squeeze of lemon then dust the top with this pecan meal. Then, drizzle melted butter over it and bake at 425 for about 10 minutes and then broil for 3-5. WOWZA!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:56 am

I have lived in Houston since 1969. Have been to Galveston a thousand times but never have I been to San Leon or that area along the Galveston Bay. Went there last Saturday and had lunch at the Topwater Grill, a restaurant that I saw featured on a local show called, The Texas Bucket List. Boy it did not disappoint. Incredible food, site, on the water. We then went to a seafood wholesale place near the restaurant and bought a huge fresh Red Snapper and a HUUUUGE fresh Flounder and had them filleted. I then the next day used my new bag of Renfroe's Pecan Meal and did as I said above. OUTFREAKINGSTANDING!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 am

Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:41 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:51 am
You wanna taste something great? Google or go to the Renfroe's store across from Joe Patti's and pick yourself up a bag or two of Renfroe's Pecan Meal. Take a fillet of whatever, Snapper, Flounder as I did last Sunday and drizzle some EVOO over it, a squeeze of lemon then dust the top with this pecan meal. Then, drizzle melted butter over it and bake at 425 for about 10 minutes and then broil for 3-5. WOWZA!
Does the size/thickness of the fillet make much difference in the bake/broil times? What is the best thickness?
(BTW - the images in the following posts didn't post?)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 am

Yes Pete, the thickness does play into it. We know what a fillet of grouper or Red Snapper is, right. Pretty think and meaty. My Flounder was maybe a 1/2 in think at it's thickest. Of course the tail end was almost paper thin and I had to tuck it under. Ovens also play a roll. My over tends to take longer. I think I baked it at 12 -15 minutes once it hit 425 and then broiled it to toast up those pecan breading crumbles. Drizzled butter also makes a dramatic difference. If you ever run out of the Pecan Meal, we discovered the Lemon Kale Salad crumbles from Chic-fil-A. With the salad comes these lemon, panko crumb mix. WOWZA! That was good as well.

Return to “Navarre Beach Recipes”